Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2019 04:00

Audio doesn't go to headphones when replugged

I have an issue with headphones and a Latitude 5400. I have countlessly updated Realtek drivers, reinstalled Realtek drivers, etc.

When booting the laptop up and if the headphones are plugged in, audio will be sent to the headphones. YouTube, system sounds, etc all work. However, if I unplug the headphones and replug them in, audio won't be sent to the headphones. Audio will only be sent out through the laptop's speakers.

I believe there is an issue with this Maxx Audio by Waves application. The thing is, I can't do anything with the application. It appears in my start menu, but when I click to run it, the laptop thinks for a second and then doesn't do anything. There is no Maxx Audio icon in my taskbar next to my clock. Even if I try to uninstall it, it doesn't appear in the list of programs. 

I have tried to reinstall it from Dell's website, but the same problems exist. I also don't have an application called Dell Audio that I have seen across the forums.

Any ideas to solve this situation? Really in a corner here.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2019 06:00

Thanks for the response, Alan. This is how the issue was fixed.

1) Disable Realtek High Definition Audio in Processes and Startup
2) Uninstall Realtek Audio Drive in Device Manager
3) Reboot
4) Windows 10 will install fresh driver.

Solved!

3 Posts

November 15th, 2019 05:00

Update..

I finally got Maxx Audio to open, but when I plug in headphones, the dropdown to choose the output still only shows internal speakers.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2019 09:00

Do you get pop up after plug-in your headphone? If not,  try running MaxxAudioPro.exe as Administrator from the installation folder, typically in C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio.

If it doesn't work...

1. Download Realtek audio driver from Dell support
  2. Install it with No Internet Connection

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 19th, 2019 06:00

@shanafan within the MaxxAudioPro suite, do you have the box ticked under the advanced section as per the image below -

image.png

Is it the exact same type of headphones you are disconnecting and reconnecting?
Does the same issue happen if you try another pair of headphones?

Alan

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 19th, 2019 07:00

@shanafan thanks for the update, it's great to hear you managed to resolve the issue,

Alan

1 Message

October 22nd, 2023 09:50

I'm done with Dell computers. my XPS 9570 has that issue and my work desktop XPS 8940. It's time for another laptop and pretty sure it won't be a Dell.

No Events found!