Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

3 Posts

March 20th, 2019 04:00

BIOS A05

On my E6520 the current BIOS is A03. I have discovered some urgent BIOS updates but before I can run those I need to update to A05. Took me forever to find this update on the Dell website, it's not easily accessible from the Driver section for this particular laptop model. I found it through a thread on the forum and it was located on the American website. From doing a little bit of research, a BIOS update shouldn't take longer than a few short minutes. After half an hour of listening to the laptop humming and looking at a black screen I just killed the laptop. Thankfully the update did not seem to take place at all, but I was afraid I had damaged the CMOS somehow and a motherboard replacement would be in order. I don't really want to run the A05 update again in case it all goes wrong. How do i SAFELY update my BIOS without the fear of ruining my laptop? Or should i just forget about this update and carry on as normal seeing as my laptop functions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

5.6K Posts

March 20th, 2019 07:00

Why AO5?

The newest BIOS for the E6520 is A22.

1 Message

July 5th, 2019 09:00

I updated my E6520 to Windows 10.  I acquired this laptop from my current employer after they decomissioned the unit.  When I ran a dell system scan it listed one BIOS update from about five years ago, Dell Latitude E6520 System BIOS, A07 as the first update then Chipset | Intel Management Engine 7.1 Components Installer (18 MB  and finally BIOS | Dell Latitude E6520 System BIOS (5 MB) 

I am attaching a snip of the screen showing the updates Dell Advises. E6520 Bios Update Advisor.PNG

Do I need to install from the first to the last or just the last bios .

Please advise and thank you for your time in advance.

3 Posts

May 1st, 2020 01:00

Because "Note:
1. Please note that if the A04 or before A04 BIOS is currently installed on your system,
you must first update to A05 BIOS and then flash to the latest A-rev BIOS."

No Events found!