Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

July 29th, 2021 09:00

Cannot open Dell Optimizer

Howdy,

I am on a brand new Latitude 7410 and in needs to disable Dell proximity via Dell Optimizer, but anytime I open the app I face the error messages shown below:

Dell_error1.JPGDell_error2.JPG

I have updated all Dell apps and ran Windows updates but I always get the same results. Also tried to reset/repair the app via Windows but nothing.

Does any of you got into this error as well?

Thank you!

5 Posts

April 14th, 2022 22:00

My issue was resolved by Dell.  One of their support personnel remotely used Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of Optimizer.  After that, it reinstalled successfully, ran, and I was able to disable the proximity sensor.  Thank you, Dell!

• 

25.1K Posts

July 29th, 2021 19:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 30th, 2021 02:00

To resolve this issue, log into Windows 10 as an administrator and Dell Precision Optimizer will launch correctly using the "Run as administrator" command.

Microsoft is aware of this issue and working towards a final resolution.

5 Posts

April 14th, 2022 20:00

I'm having this problem with a Latitude 7420 that is fully up to date as of today.  I want to turn off the proximity sensor.  The optimizer app isn't running because the Dell Optimizer service isn't starting.  Try to start the service manually and I get .NET runtime error 1026 with this text:

Application: DellOptimizer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException
at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(System.Security.Principal.IdentityReferenceCollection, System.Type, Boolean)
at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(System.Type)
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Main.IsDirectoryUnSecure(System.IO.DirectoryInfo)
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Main.QueryUnSecureDirectoryRecursive(System.IO.DirectoryInfo)
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Main.QueryUnSecureDirectoryRecursive(System.IO.DirectoryInfo)
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Main.CreateSecureDirectory(System.String)
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Main..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Main..ctor()
at Dell.Optimizer.Service.Program.Main()

I also get Application Error 1000 with this text:

Faulting application name: DellOptimizer.exe, version: 2.0.753.0, time stamp: 0xd7a1c9f3
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x630193b4
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x1a74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85076b47fc6e7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Dell\DellOptimizer\DellOptimizer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 5c66cd79-1487-4fe6-862d-8f50cbb8d479
Faulting package full name:

Additionally, I have removed the software and now I can't reinstall it, because the service won't start up during installation, so the installation rolls back.

This is happening on multiple laptops.

1 Message

August 9th, 2022 07:00

I have used windows' add-remove programs to uninstall it and install it again from the Dell driver library. It is working fine again.

No Events found!