Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NC

6 Posts

December 20th, 2019 14:00

Crosshatching on screen

I acquired a Latitude e5450 as part of a job lot, and sold it on eBay.

The customer has complained that the item is faulty because of black and white dots on the screen. I thought that was just the interface design. Looking at pictures of the same model on the internet, some others seem to be the same.

https://ibb.co/zm2w657

Is this normal or a fault? And if it's normal, can my customer adjust the settings to remove it? How should I advise him?

• 

25.1K Posts

Hi Norman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It is difficult to confirm from the picture that you have sent. 

Please follow private message the system service tag or the express service code for us to get the system details and assist you further. 

Was the display clear before your sold? 

Display did have the crosshatching before I sold.  I thought it looked rather nice, and assumed it was deliberate.

How does  my customer  get the system service tag or the express service code? Remember, he has it now, and I don't.

December 20th, 2019 15:00

Is it in the System Information screen? Because I took a shot of that.

• 

25.1K Posts

December 20th, 2019 15:00

Service tag or the express service code will be located underneath the laptop. If you have contact with the user, you can check and PM us the service tag or the express service code for us to check the system details.

Thank you for providing the image showing the system specifications. However we need to run further display trouble shooting steps to know is there an issue with the display because we are not able to confirm anything only with the image that you have sent. 

So far we have not come across anything like more customers reporting display issue on the system model that you are reporting. 

• 

25.1K Posts

December 20th, 2019 17:00

Hi @Norman Castle, please delete the image and service tag details from public viewing for security reasons. Request you to private message us the details with the express service code as it is just numbers without any alphabets. 

Also, as per the tag currently provided it is retrieving a Latitude 5550 system instead of E5450.

Please run the LCD BIST test as per https://dell.to/2s9vgEL and let us know if the issue is seen in the test screen.

-Akshatha

December 20th, 2019 18:00

I don't know how to delete the information. I don't see an edit button for the post.

Why should it be a security issue? I don't see how this number could be harmful.

You're a moderator, can you edit my post and delete the picture?

I'll send my customer the link and ask him to run the test.

• 

25.1K Posts

December 20th, 2019 18:00

Hi @Norman Castle, we will check on getting this removed as the details can be used to retrieve system/ customer data. 

Request you to private message us the express service code if the system is not Latitude 5550 along with the results from the test.

-Akshatha

• 

25.1K Posts

December 21st, 2019 15:00

Hi Norman,

We have got the previous message deleted. Please check and confirm the service tag of the system on Private message. 

As you mentioned you sold the system on eBay, will you be able to run further trouble shooting steps by contacting the user? 

• 

25.1K Posts

December 21st, 2019 16:00

We will wait for your response. We suggest you to double check the service tag with the end user and then provide so that there won't be any confusion.

You can also inform the end user to check the display functionality on the external monitor and it will be great if you can get the video showing the fault. 

December 21st, 2019 16:00

I've contacted the customer and asked him for the numbers, and suggested he run the test. Sill waiting for a reply.

I've got a photo of the bottom. It's a bit blurry. I'll PM you the number that I think it says, but I'm not totally sure.

No Events found!