Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

January 7th, 2019 06:00

Dell Dock D6000 Replacement cable

Hi guys,

Long story short, my cat somehow got on my desk, and chewed the USB C cable coming off my Dell D6000 Dock. Now I know this is not under warranty, so I wanted to find a way to replace this cable. Opening the dock reveals a USB C port inside, I've tried several USB C cables I had, but none work. So I'm guessing that this cable is a bit different. I was wondering if it's possible to buy the cable, or if there is an alternative I can use.

2 Posts

May 4th, 2021 07:00

And? how are the results?

2 Posts

May 4th, 2021 07:00

Same here. Why can we not buy this at support from Dell or Bizlink Technologies (that make them).

1 Message

June 14th, 2021 11:00

OMG77, would you have the wiring diagram to replace the connector? Thanks

10 Posts

September 1st, 2021 10:00

Well, add me to the list of busted USB C connector. Laptop fell over and bent the connector. Too bad dell doesn't sell this cable as I'm not sure my soldering skills are that good for that small of a replacement connector.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2022 18:00

Hi - same problem here - have one of these - but I dont have the usb plug end of the cable - I read all the replies but not sure what worked for people in the end - is there a working wiring diagram that someone has got to work?

I'd like to buy
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000034683378.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6a9d63c0e01veS

as a replacement to solder on the fairly short now piece of cable I have left coming from the dock. Will this work?

thanks.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2022 03:00

Hi guys, I myself am a proud user of a d6000 with a broken cable, has any of you guys had any luck repairing the cable? The custom board project was such a cool idea, too bad we did not get to see a fully working version, I myself am a web developer and my skills are not enough even to follow this thread.

Although I would be more than willing to buy a fix for this cable.

I really hope someone will be able to find a fix for this eventually before we all move to a unified quantum computer heh.

Best regards to all of you!

1 Message

March 17th, 2022 15:00

Hey all,

I have a broken cable as well. What to do? Dell told me I have to buy a new dock, told them where to go with that! Anyway, what’s a solution?

4 Posts

March 21st, 2022 13:00

@OMG77   @kevinevans 

Were you successful?  Would you sell me a cable?  My soldering skills are definitely not up to snuff for this kind of work.

March 23rd, 2022 08:00

Sad state of affairs with this one. Since it's been going on so long, it appears there's little hope a resolution will be offered by Dell, other than to replace the dock. 

We have a pile of D6000's with bent/broken tips. If not for that delicate point of failure, the dock would still function just fine. But users don't tend to practice as much care with our equipment as they might if it were their own. Around $350 to replace them each time somebody breaks it is pretty hard on the bottom line! 

Really would be nice if Dell would sell the cable. But if you must buy a new dock (and you want to stick with Dell), I'd recommend going with the WD19 series, which at least has a replaceable "module" that is around 80 bucks. Still hurts, but not nearly as bad as three-fiddy!

1 Message

June 7th, 2022 18:00

Used a Nintendo switch type c connector cable it works great .

4 Posts

June 7th, 2022 18:00

@Lalo mammon   cost?  Part number?

September 14th, 2023 19:10

@Lalo mammon​ where or what type of cable is it?

1 Message

September 20th, 2023 06:35

@kevinevans​ so close yet, so far to identify for compare .

can you point to the direction? one more step we may able to fix this stupid problem.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1REdQ2SymybBPAMjLBacy6phzTlqPma5C?usp=drive_link

1 Message

January 10th, 2024 16:12

I read the same articles and tried replacing the Dell D6000 USB-C input cable with a new Thunderbolt3/4 high quality USB-c cable. It did not work. I am certain the docking station is good. I believe the cable is proprietary to Dell and has been altered from a standard cable. I do not know the pin-out for a standard USB-c cable or how I could test it. Perhaps someone else can figure it out. 

It appears that Kevin Evans (kevinhikaruevans) had a possible solution but dropped off the map. I am not sure if he was able to get his adapter for standard USB-c to work. Then OMG77 soldered a new USB-c connector to the cable. But I'm not sure if that was successful either. 

(edited)

3 Posts

February 1st, 2024 12:09

So my cat did the same thing last night... Are there any solutions to this???

No Events found!