Booo_kat
1 Nickel

Dell E7270 screen flickers

Hi,

I have issue with Dell Latitude E7270. When computer is on docking station, screens don't blink, flicker or do another unusual things, but when I remove laptop from docking station, laptop screen's one upper third starts to flicker(turns from picture to grey snow like on old TV, when antenna are unplugged,  for half a second or little bit more). It don't do it all the time, but quite regularly.

Solutions that I tried:

• Updated BIOS
  • Updated, rolled back and disabled/enabled video drivers. 

The problem disappears only when plug the laptop on docking station...

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Booo_kat
1 Nickel

Re: Dell E7270 screen flickers

Computer brought to guaranty service.

0 Kudos
E7270-i7
1 Copper

I am currently having the exact same issue with my E7270 - with exactly the same part of the display (the top 1/3rd) The flicker only happens with the PC is disconnected from any display (HDMI / DisplayPort), or in your case, the docking station. I've had the Dell Support Tech come out and replace the lcd cable and motherboard without any luck. This doesn't seem like a random symptom now that I've found this thread - is there anymore information on what could be causing this?
0 Kudos
mtow78
1 Copper

I have a 5290 and have flickering issues only when I try to duplicate displays. After I disabled the Intel graphics card I got this lovely screen. Again, before this it was black all the time (I could still tell there was a backlight but no image).

unnamed.jpg

0 Kudos