Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Dell Latitude 5490 -- Ceases functioning when attempting

I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Dell Latitude 5490 -- Ceases functioning when attempting

I suspect there may be issues with the initial 8th Gen CPU boards. Apart from several other issues such as BSODs on several brand new 7x90s and even one that caught fire in our company, I have personally gone through 5 x 7390 boards before getting one where the sleep function (and everything else) worked properly. I got my first 7390 in May this year and had the board replaced straight away due to BSODs then it was replaced again for BSODs, sleep and overheating issues but the problem still persisted and the tech also damaged some components of the case so the whole thing was replaced (August) and that still had sleep issues + bright pixel on the screen so that was replaced again with one built just a couple of weeks ago. This new one finally seems to be working perfectly with both manual and auto suspend and sleep working perfectly in Windows 10 (Fresh install, build 1803) and with Ubuntu 18.10 (Cosmic Cuttlefish). The installation I'm using at the moment is actually the same installation (I transferred the drive) as the previous laptop that was having trouble and it's working fine as well. I haven't sent the other one back yet and both are running the same BIOS version. If I transfer the drive back in to the other 7390 the issues come back straight away.
0 Kudos