Highlighted
JonathanDA
1 Copper

Dell Latitude E6230 - No Audio Output is installed.

Hello,

I recently bought a Dell Latitude E6230. However it can't produce any sound as it says there "No Audio Output is installed.". I am running Windows 10 64-Bit.

Under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers there is only Intel(R) Display Audio.

I have reinstalled this driver, and updated the sound drivers.
I have ran Dell SupportAssistant and it has not been able to resolve the issue.

I have checked the Windows Audio services and they are both running and set to automatic.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what to try?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ieee488
6 Gallium

Re: Dell Latitude E6230 - No Audio Output is installed.

chipset driver first then everything else
0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Hello. Did you get it used or something? There isn't a Windows 10 audio driver available that supports the  audio hardware on that model. Probably be best to revert to the operating system that was pre-installed at the factory.

But if you want to stick with Win10, suggest you install the IDT audio driver for the E6230, however since Win10 is not supported you should use compatibility mode:

1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.  [There are two "formats" on the driver's page. Scroll down to the 2nd one, named "Hard Drive" format, and download that one, not the 1st one named "Windows Update Package".]
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for  Win7, 8, or 8.1.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

@ieee488Hey. Didn't recognize you without the bird icon.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

@Jim Coates wrote:

@ieee488Hey. Didn't recognize you without the bird icon.

I am going to have put it back. Thanks! :-)
0 Kudos
Nilu123
1 Copper

Hi I am using a dell latitude e6230. My internal speakers are not responding but when I am connecting with a headphone the sounds are coming. This problem just popped up, I am using IDT high definition audio. I tried with troubleshooting but nothing since now. Please help

0 Kudos
Doc205
1 Copper

Dear Mr. Coates, I tried, Lordy, how I have tried. I followed your ten points of light above, and #10 eludes me. The machine does an "abort," gives an error message, and I have nothing installed to use for Skype. This machine was a gift, had win 7 on it, it fell off the desk, the local folks revived it, put win 10 in, and now no audio. Despite 3.5 hours of another (and honest) computer guy working to slam a device in, he could not.  He thinks the machine (made in July 2013) is too old.  I came across your note, and thought two things: how felicitous, and how coincidental that you answered precisely on my 74th birthday.  But still, despite downloading the IDT item 4-5 times and doing the compatibility instructions, I got nothin'  for the hours I've spent.  What do I do next, please, and I haven't a clue how you get back to me, but you can find me at my e-mail or here (if I now how to navigate back to here), which was itself another undertaking.  I'm at pagarcia5211 at g

Thankx, pg

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

@Doc205 wrote:

Dear Mr. Coates, I tried, Lordy, how I have tried. I followed your ten points of light above, and #10 eludes me. The machine does an "abort," gives an error message, and I have nothing installed to use for Skype. This machine was a gift, had win 7 on it, it fell off the desk, the local folks revived it, put win 10 in, and now no audio. Despite 3.5 hours of another (and honest) computer guy working to slam a device in, he could not.  He thinks the machine (made in July 2013) is too old.  I came across your note, and thought two things: how felicitous, and how coincidental that you answered precisely on my 74th birthday.  But still, despite downloading the IDT item 4-5 times and doing the compatibility instructions, I got nothin'  for the hours I've spent.  What do I do next, please, and I haven't a clue how you get back to me, but you can find me at my e-mail or here (if I now how to navigate back to here), which was itself another undertaking.  I'm at pagarcia5211 at g

Thankx, pg

With drivers, you must install the chipset drive first or else the rest of the drivers won't work properly.

0 Kudos