Harold502
1 Copper

Dell Latitude E6410 DVDRW hides itself on reboot

I have a problem with several Latitude E6410's.

I have reloaded a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and if you shut the computer down and turn it on then you can see the DVDRW drive. If you simply reboot the computer is hides itself in the file and device manager. I have perused the forums for Upper/lower limits, change IDE controller (Can't do since the item is SATA), etc but there is no answer found for this issue and I thought I would try 1 last time on here. The latest BIOS is updated.  I think it may have something to do with no ROM disc installed and it thinks it's an empty device but I do not have this problem on the older HP Elitebooks 8440P's we have. If there was a software fix to unhide the DVDRW on boot I think that could be a possible solution. I can also eject the drive and pop it back in and that fixes it but would like to just resolve it so it is working like it would be expected.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

Re: Dell Latitude E6410 DVDRW hides itself on reboot

If you are installing Windows fresh, I always make sure to update the chipset driver. .
0 Kudos
Harold502
1 Copper

Here are the 3 chipset drivers for Windows 7 (There is no Windows 10 version and perhaps this computer simply will not work properly with windows 10)

Intel Unified AMT6 HECI  - The Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software

STmicro Freefall Sensor  - Loaded

Intel AMT HECI The Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software

DVDRW still hidden on reboot

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

Have tried installing the drivers in compatibility-mode?

0 Kudos