Highlighted

Dell Latitude E7440 Always "Self-Heals" whenever turned on

Hello all:

I have a Dell Latitude E7440. The problem is that whenever I turn it on it always goes into "self heal" mode where it will restart 3 times with a black screen and will finally boot up but it will display the "incorrect configuration" error and resets the date and time. I already replaced the CMOS battery and it still happens. I tried unplugging the CMOS battery and the primary batter, hold power button for 20 seconds, etc.

Also warranty states "Dell Labor Support" expires on November 16, 2021.

Is there a way for this to be fixed?

Regards,

Bryan

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell Latitude E7440 Always "Self-Heals" whenever turned on

Hi bryanrobinson_03,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as you expected.

In researching this, I came across a couple of things.  While you had it open doing the coin cell replacement, did you check to see that your memory was seated?  Sometimes memory sticks get jostled around and change contact points, so be sure it's seated securely.  

Have you run a systems diagnostics?  You can run SupportAssist for PC's and Tablets from the link, or you can press F12 at startup and run it there.  Please make a note of any error messages and contact Dell Tech Support should you need further troubleshooting.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

Yes, I've ran the built-in diagnostics (ePSA) and Dell SupportAssist. There were no reported error codes.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since you've tried everything I can think of, then the next thing I can suggest would be to contact Tech Support.

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos