KARMA256
1 Copper

Dell Latitude E7470 has failed to boot or start up

Hello there,

I am experiencing a challenge. My DELL Latitude E7470 has failed to boot or start up. When i switch it on it shows a black screen with a cursor only. 

What can i do to start it up?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell Latitude E7470 has failed to boot or start up

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

Please run Dell off line diagnostic to check the hardware on the system by following steps below.

1. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing One Time Boot Menu in the top corner of screen.

2. In Dell Pre-boot menu, select Diagnostic. After quick tests finished, select Hard drive, and then click Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code.  

ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment (Official Dell Tech Support)

https://youtu.be/qeHNSxW7VSM?list=PLdLDGmnHB07NVpbsbTGeiW-NLjpVZufxB

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell Latitude E7470 has failed to boot or start up

If there isn't a error code, I suggest using the Reset Real Time Clock (RTC) tool to help recover your computer. In certain scenarios resetting the Real Time Clock (RTC) can help recover your Dell Latitude from no post or no boot issues. Please follow the steps in link below:

How to Reset Real Time Clock (RTC) to recover your Dell Latitude, Precision, Vostro, or XPS PC

www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln304892/how-to-reset-real-time-clock-rtc-to-recover-your-del...

0 Kudos