I downloaded an archive that consists of a heap of files and weighs a few Gb. But when I try to open the .rar file, I'm creating a sinister error message "the archive is corrupt or has the wrong format".
I downloaded the file again and tried to reposition it again - the same.
You will need to install WinZip or 7-Zip to extract and open .rar files. Click the link below.
You can try this rar repair or some ways below
1) Open the WinRAR application. Click on “File” and then “Open Archive” and browse to the damaged RAR file.
2) Press “Alt” + “R” on your keyboard. This will bring up the WinRAR repair dialog screen.
3) Designate an easy-to-find location in the “Folder to put the repaired archive” box.
4) Check the box that says, “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR.”
5) Press the “OK” button. Once it has finished repairing, a new archive will be built and placed in the location you designated.