Clement Edet
1 Nickel

Dell Latitude e6440 core i7 4db ram, amd graphics

Please this my dell latitude e6440 won't display or start till I remove the ram module and put in a different  ram slot, if I put the module in another slot it will come on and boot properly but when I shut it down and put it on again it won't come up again till I change the ram slot again before it comes up again , I have tried another ram module and it's the same issue, I've even changed processor, it's the same thing. Someone help pls

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Dell Latitude e6440 core i7 4db ram, amd graphics

It sure sounds like a bad RAM slot. If you are taking the exact same RAM module out and placing it in another slot, and it works, then the RAM slot has to be bad. The only solution is to replace the mainboard in that case. I assume the RAM module is DDR3L 1600? Any beeps when it is in the defective slot?

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/there-way-test-motherboards-memory-slots-69847.html

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
Clement Edet
1 Nickel

If I take the ram module from slot A to slot B, the system will come up, if I shut the system down and put it on again  it won't come up again, If I remove it from slot B back to slot A, it will work again but after shut down and I put it on again  it won't come up again, I will now take it again to slot B, it will work again and stop at shut down, that means I have to be swapping slots at each power on.. . .

It's DDR 3L

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Is this RAM that has worked correctly in the past?  If so, it's likely you have a bad mainboard.

If not, and it's been that way since you tried it, is the RAM certified to work in your system?  

0 Kudos
Clement Edet
1 Nickel

The RAM module is working properly n another system, I've even used another RAM module yet same result 

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

If it's another of the same model, then it's definitely a bad system board.

0 Kudos