Kmyczka
1 Copper

Disk diode, Dell latitude e5420 blinking in amber colour

Hello everyone, I have a question. My disc diode started to blink in amber colour. I have tried to find the answer on Dell instructions sites, but i couldn't. Does anybody know what it means? It's blinking "normally", juts like it usted to blink in white colour (I mean, that it's not any sort of code, because it's irregular) but it changed it's colour. Please help, I'm worried about my hard drive. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Disk diode, Dell latitude e5420 blinking in amber colour

Are the other lights blinking as well or staying solid? How many blinks are you seeing, I know you said irregular. Are you seeing any other problems such as the laptop freezing, programs slow to start or run, any clicking noise that is constant? One blinking light (the hard drive light) does not necessarily mean a hard drive problem. It does indicate a problem though and it could mean any number of things depending on the status of the other lights.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
Kmyczka
1 Copper

Re: Disk diode, Dell latitude e5420 blinking in amber colour

My battery diod doesn't light at all, the connection diod (or wifi, i don't know how to call it) is on and still. It has white colour. I can't hear any different sound. When I turn on my laptop, the disk diod lights still, then it starts to blink very fast with it's amber colour. My laptop does work slower, than it used to. The difference is noiceable, but not big. I really can't defind how many blinks I can see, because it's really fast blinking. Sometimes it blinks twice, very fast and it has about 3-4 seconds break, and sometimes it blinks (more or less) about 30 times during 10 seconds.
0 Kudos