Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2018 16:00

Do all Dell Latitude E5550 have a nvidia 840m in it?

Just wondering if all models of the latitude E5550 have a nivida 840m in them or if it's just the higher end models. Thanks

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

March 26th, 2018 17:00

The vast majority of Latitude systems are sold to businesses, and the vast majority of these are sold with Intel-only GPUs.  Unless a customized order was placed, the system will not have an nVidia GPU - it would have had to have been ordered by or for a "power" user.  And most "power" users of systems would likely have been supplied with Precision rather than Latitude models.  I'd place the "take" percentage for nVidia GPUs on these systems at probably well under 10% -- probably more on the order of 5%.

If you have a specific system you now own, check the device manager - there will be two entries under Display Adapters if the nVidia GPU is there.  If it's a system you're planning to buy, obtain the service tag from the seller -- you can check to see what it has (under Original Configuration at support.dell.com).

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

It's an option -- not standard.  Most systems will have only Intel video.

That is what I was kind of thinking. Do you think if it was an i7 version, that would increase the chances of it having a 840m? It seems like dell always throws in their higher tier parts into the i7 rigs.

No Events found!