Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2019 22:00

E5430 Fan Control Problem

well, after reading all the E5430 models that had CPU fan control problems and overheating, i solved it for my issue. had A18 updated to A21 bios (no help), but I did find a trick with FanSpeed. 

It worked... low and behold.. it worked.. if you need screenshots and a little help.. no worries.. ps. don't overdue the adjustments. just add a fan control and enable auto fan and you can see the CPU temps drop by 20 degrees C and average 30-40 instead of 55-60... 

DELL - laptop cpu fan control - when fans don't seem to work Published: Monday, April 29, 2019 written by Drew Jackson (0)

it works!! so here is the trick,

install the updated BIOS
install the Chipset
install the Management Info Packages

then install Speed Fan. if you have all the chipset and management info installed, then Speed Fan can identify the motherboard and CPU and other thermals and figure out how to help you control the CPU and other fans on the computer. 

it took me a while to get it to work until I realized the chipset info and management info files had to be installed so speed fan can sense the motherboard and cpu, and other sensors on the unit.

once installed, go to configure  and fan control, add a fan, select Pmw1 on the CPU, and then let the auto fan setting just do its job. you can feel the fan start to pulse, and then you don't have to change much after that. it was a bit tricky to figure out, but my CPU core temps dropped 20 degrees Celsius.

18 Posts

May 13th, 2019 09:00

Hi, thank you for the solution I have the same problem too, I will follow your advice.

3 Posts

May 1st, 2019 15:00

Hello, I have the same problem. Could you help me with a more detailed explanation?

1 Message

September 28th, 2019 03:00

I have the same issue. Please provide the link of chipset and management info installer.

No Events found!