Highlighted
2 Bronze

E7470: Intel UHD graphics driver 26.20.100.8142 A17 fails to install ("This operating system is not supported")

Jump to solution

My system is running Windows 10 Pro x64 Edition. This driver is downloaded from Dell and indicates that it targets that operating system. When trying to install the driver, it fails with an error message: "This operating system is not supported"). I was, however, able to install the 26.20.100.8280 driver from Intel's web site with no difficulties.

This error occurs with both the 1.23.3 firmware and after firmware was rolled back to 1.22.8 .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: E7470: Intel UHD graphics driver 26.20.100.8142 A17 fails to install ("This operating system is not supported")

Jump to solution

The reason is quite simple...It's because you probably have Windows 10 20H1 (19041 build number) installed, meanwhile the driver supports only 19H2 Windows 10. It doesn't matter which edition you have of course. You should wait while the Dell uploads a new version..This driver package has actually Release Date: April 17, 2020, so prior to the Windows 10 20H1 GA..

----

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: E7470: Intel UHD graphics driver 26.20.100.8142 A17 fails to install ("This operating system is not supported")

Jump to solution

Check the list of supported OS--https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=p93cc&oscode=wt64a&productco...

Supported Operating Systems

Windows 10 64-Bit LTSC 2019
Windows 10, 64-bi

Reinstall the original Dell customized drivers. Dell customizes laptop drivers for your exact model. Don't install drivers that come from any other manufacturers, including Intel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Begging your pardon,  but that is the specified driver for my operating system and my exact service tag. The description always lists "Windows 10, 64-bit" referring inclusively to the standard (Home/Pro) versions available on the system unless otherwise indicated (LTSC refers to an Enterprise configuration). In this case, Windows 10 64-bit Pro is valid.

The driver itself indicates that it is specifically for this operating system. If you run the driver package and, before selecting Install, select the (i) icon for information, and the compatible operating systems list explicitly Pro, Enterprise (LTSC), and Home editions of Windows 10 64-bit.

If I am posting here, it usually means that there is a faulty install package or driver. This has happened before. Considering how many of these systems I have used over the past couple decades and upgraded, maintained, etc., it is worth noting that I have not had to post a handful of times, and it has been a few years since I last needed to bring something like this to Dell Support's attention. It seems clear there is a defect in this installation package, or the wrong driver packages are listed with the wrong information. In either case, it's something Dell Support should be made aware of, which is why I posted about it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The reason is quite simple...It's because you probably have Windows 10 20H1 (19041 build number) installed, meanwhile the driver supports only 19H2 Windows 10. It doesn't matter which edition you have of course. You should wait while the Dell uploads a new version..This driver package has actually Release Date: April 17, 2020, so prior to the Windows 10 20H1 GA..

----

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos