Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 23rd, 2020 13:00

E7470: Intel UHD graphics driver 26.20.100.8142 A17 fails to install ("This operating system is not supported")

My system is running Windows 10 Pro x64 Edition. This driver is downloaded from Dell and indicates that it targets that operating system. When trying to install the driver, it fails with an error message: "This operating system is not supported"). I was, however, able to install the 26.20.100.8280 driver from Intel's web site with no difficulties.

This error occurs with both the 1.23.3 firmware and after firmware was rolled back to 1.22.8 .

1 Message

July 1st, 2020 03:00

The reason is quite simple...It's because you probably have Windows 10 20H1 (19041 build number) installed, meanwhile the driver supports only 19H2 Windows 10. It doesn't matter which edition you have of course. You should wait while the Dell uploads a new version..This driver package has actually Release Date: April 17, 2020, so prior to the Windows 10 20H1 GA..

----

Untitled.png

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 23rd, 2020 15:00

Check the list of supported OS--https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=p93cc&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-e7470-ultrabook

Supported Operating Systems

Windows 10 64-Bit LTSC 2019
Windows 10, 64-bi

Reinstall the original Dell customized drivers. Dell customizes laptop drivers for your exact model. Don't install drivers that come from any other manufacturers, including Intel.

21 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 21:00

Begging your pardon,  but that is the specified driver for my operating system and my exact service tag. The description always lists "Windows 10, 64-bit" referring inclusively to the standard (Home/Pro) versions available on the system unless otherwise indicated (LTSC refers to an Enterprise configuration). In this case, Windows 10 64-bit Pro is valid.

The driver itself indicates that it is specifically for this operating system. If you run the driver package and, before selecting Install, select the (i) icon for information, and the compatible operating systems list explicitly Pro, Enterprise (LTSC), and Home editions of Windows 10 64-bit.

If I am posting here, it usually means that there is a faulty install package or driver. This has happened before. Considering how many of these systems I have used over the past couple decades and upgraded, maintained, etc., it is worth noting that I have not had to post a handful of times, and it has been a few years since I last needed to bring something like this to Dell Support's attention. It seems clear there is a defect in this installation package, or the wrong driver packages are listed with the wrong information. In either case, it's something Dell Support should be made aware of, which is why I posted about it. Thanks.

1 Message

April 27th, 2021 15:00

Hi,

How to solve it?

21 Posts

April 27th, 2021 20:00

The problem was solved not long after my post when Dell, as expected, repackaged the driver under the same version number and code (26.20.100.8142_A17 driver code P93CC). I haven't had any trouble with the driver since that happened. And I did not downgrade my operating system or anything like that.

May 15th, 2021 07:00

Hi Community,

I've Dell Inspiron 15 3576. Even I tried to install the latest video driver for my device from Dell Support Drivers & Downloads but install failed giving an error saying that my OS is not supported. The driver is compatible with my OS Windows 10 x64 bit and also meant to be updated for my laptop. 

Below is the driver details:

1.JPG

I've tried multiple times but failed to install because of same error (I was in Windows 10 Version 20H2). But as the driver is not actually related to/ changes due to any version of Windows 10, I've found a way to install it successfully.

Here the method below:

1. Download the driver to your hard drive.

2. Double-click to open it.

3. Now click on "Extract" and extract to any known location.

4. Open "Device Manager"

5. Expand on "Display adapters"

6. Right-click on your graphics adapter.

7. Click on "Update drivers"

8. Click on "Browse my computer for drivers"

9. Click on " Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk..."

11. Click on "Browse"

12. Now go to the place where you've extracted driver files.

13. Open "Graphics" folder and select the setup file. (In my case setup file name is: igdlh64)

14. Click on "Open" and then click on "OK"

15. Click on "Next"

16. Let the installation finish....

17. After Windows 10 confirming that driver installed successfully, close all windows and restart your system.

That's it guys, hope you find this method useful.

Regards

Avinash

2 Posts

January 17th, 2022 09:00

Thank you for tip! This helped to workaround Windows 10 21H2 and latest driver Intel-UHD-Graphics-Driver_R8T3C_WIN_27.20.100.9171_A19_01 for Latitude 7490.

January 25th, 2022 11:00

Yes, well what if you already uninstalled and deleted the graphics driver in order to install or update to a fresh driver. There is no "Display" category in DM. Now I can't get anything from Dell Drivers (entering my ST number) to install on 20H2. Issue we are having is the 5490 latitudes will not wake up from sleep. Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics driver helped one, but now on another getting the same error from up above. 

No Events found!