Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:24

• 

16.7K Posts

February 16th, 2018 05:00

Joe Rig,

SSDs are also lighter than the average SATA drive which makes it a great choice for a laptop drive. The only drawback to buying an SSD is cost, as these are pricey hard drives.
Like a memory stick, there are no moving parts to an SSD. Rather, information is stored in microchips. Conversely, a hard disk drive uses a mechanical arm with a read/write head to move around and read information from the right location on a storage platter. This difference is what makes SSD so much faster.

Storage specs for the E6430.

SATA 2 options From 250GB onwards
Solid State Drive (SSD) options From 128GB onwards

Hopefully, a DCF Forum member or DCF Rockstar can add some information that will help you decide on what is the best option for you.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 16th, 2018 07:00

The first one is a solid state HYBRID drive.  That is a 1TB spinning hard drive with essentially a somewhat large SSD cache, typically 8GB.  It will be noticeably faster than a regular spinning drive, but noticeably SLOWER than a proper SSD -- and that's why it's a lot cheaper.  Honestly I would just go retail and buy the latest Samsung SSD available in the 2.5" form factor, which is probably the 850 Evo.  You'll have far more options in terms of capacity, and you'll know exactly what you're getting because you can check benchmarks, and chances are it will be faster than these Dell-badged SSDs anyway.

1 Message

October 31st, 2018 18:00

Hi, I was wondering which model of the Samsung 850 Evo should I use that will provide a 512GB capacity ? Is it easy to install ? Regards, Nelson

1 Message

January 1st, 2019 18:00

I bought a SDD 500 GB of Crucially for my Latitude E6430, and it works very well. But I have the problem that there have disabled the ports USB 3.0 and HDMI. This is exactly equal if clone the disc with Acronis as if I do an installation of Windows 7 from zero. There is something that it has to do to avoid this?

No Events found!