Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2018 03:00

How do i upgrade e7450 for gaming

I have dell e7450 i7 5th gen 8gb ram..the performance is very poor on gaming, how do i upgrade it, can i install a better graphics card in it? please help

3 Posts

November 18th, 2018 07:00

Thanks i donot know a thing about these stuffs lol..so its better to buy a new one i guess.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2018 04:00

Thanks i am just curious if i could do a small upgrade ..not for heavy gaming, just a little performance boost.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 18th, 2018 04:00

You cannot and do not - if you want to game, you need another system.  If you  are otherwise happy with the notebook, the least expensive option is to purchase a mid-range or higher desktop system to use for gaming, and keep the notebook for portability.

If you're looking for a gaming notebook, the bare entry level starts at about $1,000 and even that's not going to serve for anything other than very casual, low level gaming - the mid-range for gaming is a better starting point;  add about $500 to the budget -- and if you want to game at full video settings, figure on $2,000+.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 18th, 2018 07:00

The only things you can really upgrade are the RAM and the storage. The latter will be a significant general performance boost if you have a hard drive and upgrade to an SSD, but it won’t specifically benefit games except for load times. The problem with the E7450 is that it only has an Intel GPU, and that will create a severe bottleneck. It also has a U series CPU, which is designed to be ultra low power rather than performance-optimized.

October 23rd, 2022 08:00

well for a couple hundred bucks you ca  install an egpu if you put a powerful one you can get up to 120 fps and ultra settings in heavy games and you can install 16gb ram hope this helps.

No Events found!