Latitude

Last reply by 07-07-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Copper
1 Copper

How to use WD19TB docking station with Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Creator 5 15IMH05

Hello!

I bought a dell docking station model WD19TB and I don't understand why it doesn't recognize the displays that are connected to it.

I have connected to the docking station headphones, mouse and keyboard and they all work.

The laptop I have is Lenovo IdeaPad Creator 5 15IMH05.

I will provide any information necessary to make this working. I have been struggling to make it work for a long time.

I read that the laptop I have does not have Thunderbolt and also that WD19TB will work without thunderbolt if the device does not have one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/cirsst/wd19tb_will_it_work_for_nonthunderbolt_computers/

Please, help

Replies (3)
7 Plutonium

@cmarincia  The WD19TB doesn’t require Thunderbolt, but it does require that the system’s USB-C port support video output, called DisplayPort Alt Mode. That is an optional capability on USB-C ports and therefore is not implemented on all systems with USB-C ports. Same for system charging support via USB-C. And on Lenovo’s spec sheet for that system here, the USB-C port is just described as “3.2 Gen 1”. Typically Lenovo specifically says “supports video/DisplayPort” in the description of the USB-C port on systems that actually support that. Same goes for charging suppprt. It appears your USB-C port is data-only, so you can’t use these types of docks for video, and probably not for charging either.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi 
thanks 
i have a similar issue.
i have connected mu Lenovo ThinkPad to WD19TBS .
monitors are working via docking. also the power charging  working

But, 
USB components connected to the docking is not recognized.

how come ?
what can i  do? (tried downloading the Dell FW installation but it does not recognize the docking)
(i am using windows 10)

You should go to the BIOS (Setup) and set the security level for the Thunderbolt to "No Security". This was the solution for my Lenovo X280

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor