Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:08

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

January 24th, 2018 09:00

Something else is wrong -- likely with your Windows configuration.  This card, according to Intel, has full support for Windows 10.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

27 Posts

January 24th, 2018 10:00

I have installed 7260ac in H.P. laptops without any problems. A few suggestions. Did you uninstall the old Nic card in device manager before you removed it? Is the 7260 showing in device manager under network adapters? If not try troubleshooting- hardware and drivers. If it is try updating driver in device manager.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

Ok, I went back.  It was me who recommended that card, and despite whatever is causing your experience, I stand by that recommendation because it's a solid card and works with both your system and Windows 10.  In fact, my previous work laptop was an E6420 with a 7260HMW running Windows 10, which is essentially the same model as yours except for the display size and maybe different GPU options -- so it's definitely not a hardware compatibility issue.

Anyway, hopefully uninstalling drivers or exchanging that unit works or you can find someone else to give you more troubleshooting assistance, because based on your reaction here, I'm not going to bother anymore.  And no I'm not a sales rep.  If I were a sales rep, in order to get credit I'd have had to tell you to buy that card from a specific location in a specific way, and I did neither of those things.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

I don't remember if it was you, but I occasionally recommend the 7260HMW to people who want to upgrade WiFi cards in systems that have Mini-PCIe rather than M.2 slots, and I can assure you that the 7260 works just fine in Windows 10.  I have 3 laptops with that card running Windows 10 just in my home.  As ejn63 said, something is either wrong with your Windows 10 installation (possibly a conflict with an existing driver -- did you uninstall whatever you had before?) or perhaps with the particular card you received.  I understand the frustration of having lost time and hair troubleshooting an issue, but next time, maybe think through other possible causes of your problem before ranting at people who helped you.

No Events found!