Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

3 Posts

March 24th, 2021 08:00

INTERMITTENT HIBERNATE LATITUDE 5420

I have a Latitude 5420 purchased in January this year, running Windows 10 Pro. I have noticed that it has intermittent problems with hibernation, it fails approximately 8 out of 10 times. Looking in the event log I see:

"The driver \Driver\ACPI for device stopped the power transition."

followed by

"The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver."

All drivers and BIOS are up to date. 

I thought it may be related to an application, although I am only running Office 2019,  Antivirus, Chrome and Firefox. But even with everything closed down it will sometimes fail to hibernate. 

I am at a loss as to what could be causing the issue.

1 Message

May 4th, 2021 00:00

Hi, I've been having the same problem with Dell Latitude 7400 for quite some time. Regularly updating everything in hope that it would be solved by newest update. No luck until now. It seems to me that it has something to do with memory usage. If I close enough apps and go let's say bellow 50% memory consumption system hibernates otherwise not. But it might as well be a particular app which I am not able to identify. Anyway it is pretty frustrating. It sometimes takes me 5 attempts to hibernate because obviously I try to colse as little apps as possible.

May 4th, 2021 07:00

Nidem, are you running your machine in RAID or AHCI?

3 Posts

May 4th, 2021 12:00

Hi,

RAID ON, is enabled in the BIOS (as delivered)

3 Posts

May 4th, 2021 12:00

Hi,

Thanks may be a similar issue, today I attempted to hibernate four times, each time I closed down more applications, until memory use was around 55% then it did hibernate on the fifth attempt.

10 Posts

May 20th, 2021 22:00

The same thing happens to me in a Precision 5500. I need to close the applications that are open so that the laptop can hibernate. Apparently the solution has something to do with RAID and AHCI mode.

Did you find any fix?

No Events found!