Latitude

Last reply by 08-22-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
Anonymous
Not applicable

Intel Smart Sound Technology mic array not working

I keep having two users, one who has a Latitude 9510 and another who has a Latitude 9520 who are constantly having issue with the Intel Microphone Array disappearing from the device manager and only working after a reboot.

It’s problematic as they are constantly on Teams/Zoom calls all day and this seems to happen pretty frequently. I’ve tried removing the Intel Smart Sound Technology ISST driver from dev mgr and rebooting but it installs the same version. It will work for a while and then repeat. One user is on Windows 10, the other is on Windows 11. I’m beginning to think it’s an issue with these models specifically.

Anyone else having this issue?

Replies (5)

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Remove all entries of ISST- from sound and game controllers and also system devices
Also, install an older realtek driver and test. Let us know the results

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Check this out may be help you https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000191990/internal-mic-can-not-be-selected-or-missing 

<Non-public info removed. TOS64>

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I already went through that article prior to posting here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's been a while but that solution didn't work. Still problematic.

Community Manager

Did you reinstall both the Realtek High Definition audio driver and the Waves MaxxAudio Pro application?

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor