Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2021 06:00

Laptop Graphics card not showing in bios then a day later reappered

Hello, I have a question I hope someone will have the answer to.

My Nvidia card vanished after a crash while play a game. First the game crashed then a minute later windows crashed. After it rebooted  tried running a game and ti was a stutter fest. While trying to figure out what went wrong, the nvidia chip no longer showed in device manger, or the bios. Nvidia's screamed at me that I didn't have one of there cards when I opened control panel, or tried a driver update.

I have a service request filed, and the box is on the way to get fixed under warranty. Now this morning I got the notification that box was to be delivered this afternoon, I booted the laptop up to double check I got all my Data I wanted off. to my surprise Geforce was updating (I chuckled "Good luck with that to myself") Low and behold driver package updated. Immediately I open device manager and there she was, 1650TI back on line. Started running games and everything seems fine, maybe better even.

Now does anybody have a clue why the card would disappear for almost two days then come back online? Mind you I have been using the laptop the whole time. Web browsing and such. Could it have overheated? If so why would It take so long to come back online? Should I still have them take a look at it, I figure the tech will just think I'm on something because everything's A-OK right now. Anyway thanks to any all who will take the time to respond to this and in the mean it's game on.... to see if it crashes once again.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 7th, 2022 10:00

We suspect the glitch to be within OS. However, we confirm that the system doesn't have any kind of hardware issues. 

Update-the computer is running great.

No Events found!