Latitude

Last reply by 10-14-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Latitude 3420 hibernation problem

Hi, we are seeing a large number of the Latitude 3420 that are either hibernating or powering down when the screen is locked. The only way to bring them back to life is to remove the bottom cover and remove the internal battery. Doing a power drain has zero effect. The devices I had (5 of these yesterday and 2 the day before) are at the current BIOS levels any thoughts or feedback is welcome 

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Installing the Latest BIOS revision Fixed the problem

View solution in original post

Replies (9)

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Numerous devices are affected over at least a dozen, we have been told by dell that the latest BIOS should fix this and have applied it where we can and are testing

BIOS update will not resolve this issue.

I have updated BIOS but same issue facing.

Need to replace motherboard.

3 Argentum

I will suggest you to replace your motherboard. If not so, try updating your device drivers too.

Latitude 3420 unable to start while hibernate

I recently faced the issue, dell engineer replace motherboard but issue persist.

So dell engineer checked replacing same model battery , issue resolved now.

It is battery problem, even its status showing healthy.

Replace battery is the solution.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Latitude 3420 unable to start while hibernate

I recently faced the issue, dell engineer replace motherboard but issue persist.

So dell engineer checked replacing same model battery , issue resolved now.

It is battery problem, even its status showing healthy.

• Replacing the battery is the solution.
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi, 

Any updates on this issue? Experiencing similar outages with 3420 and 3510 models.
All diagnostics are good.

Raised a ticket with Dell, got an 'out of office' reply back...

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Installing the Latest BIOS revision Fixed the problem

Installing the Latest BIOS fixed it

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor