Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

September 13th, 2020 17:00

Latitude 5300 SMM Security Mitigation (BIOS update)

How guys, 

We have a large fleet of the 5300 when trying to update the BIOS via SCCM, it sits there and freezes.

When disabling SMM Security manually you are able to update the BIOS without issue, we need to automate this though.

I have tried the latest cctk tool 4.3.1 running the command  cctk.exe --SmmSecurityMitigation=Disabled, returns with (There was an error setting the option 'SmmSecurityMitigation') when running =Enabled (is already Enabled)

Does anyone know of a fix coming out for this, I thought I read somewhere that this version of the tool did have a fix for this issue.

• 

25.1K Posts

September 14th, 2020 11:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

2 Posts

September 29th, 2020 09:00

Was a fix found for this?

2 Posts

September 29th, 2020 09:00

I'm also having this issue - Is there now a fix to this?

2 Posts

November 30th, 2020 16:00

I haven't heard a thing back from Dell on this one yet..

3 Posts

December 6th, 2020 02:00

i have the same problem with 250 latitude 5300. I cannot install Thuderbolt port update unless I disable SMM mitigation in BIOS. the CCTK command "SmmSecurityMitigation = Disabled" does not work highlighting the error "There was an error setting the option 'SmmSecurityMitigation'". We cannot go and do the modification in the BIOS of each pc; for now we have suspended all updates

No Events found!