profyler
2 Bronze

Re: Latitude 5400 Sleep Crashes in Windows 10 2004

@Pudel89 

How long did you test this? Or how long since you remove it?

0 Kudos
ketterj
2 Bronze

@Pudel89 

MEI: do you mean the Intel Management Engine Interface?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Unes
2 Bronze

Dears, I have a solution for this I tested and it's working, it's a temporary solution waiting another update from Microsoft.
I have disabled the sleep hibernate mode on windows 10 by going on settings ==>System==>on the left barre click on Power & sleep==> on right panel click on "Additional Power settings" ==> then chose your power plan by clicking on "Change plan settings"==>Change Advanced power settings"==>click on Sleep option in the list==> go to the "hibernate After" and chose "Never" option or type "0 Minute" for both cases.
It's work.

note that you can escape all this by going on icon battery and right bouton then chose power setting.
I hope this hopeful.

0 Kudos
ketterj
2 Bronze

@Unes I have had to ONLY enable Hibernate to allow people to use their laptops without shutting down. Normal sleep modes crash all the time. I set SLEEP to Never and allow Hibernate.

0 Kudos
rmyukon
2 Bronze

We use Microsoft Surface Book 2's as well as Dell Latitude 5300's and out of about 20 laptops, we have at least 7 experiencing this issue. Fresh installs have the same issue on both systems. This only started happening once we updated to v2004.

In addition to the Hibernation BSOD, we have had about 5 of the 7 systems experiencing BSOD while working, sometimes multiple times per day. This also only started after v2004 was installed. These 5 systems are all Surface Book 2s. No Dell 5300s have experienced a BSOD while working....only in hibernation.

Everything I read says to make sure drivers are all updated. Surface Books get their driver updates through Windows Update. So, they are all up to date, yet, still receive errors.

I believe this is a Microsoft Update issue and not a Dell issue.

0 Kudos
ketterj
2 Bronze

Even MS Surface Hubs fail to wake from Sleep with the current version of Windows

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-hub/surface-hub-2020-team-update-known-issues

Surface Hub 2S intermittently fails to resume from sleep Surface Hub 2S may intermittently fail to fully resume from sleep and appear to stop responding on a screen showing the Microsoft logo. Try unplugging your device and plugging it back in. To prevent this issue: 1. On Surface Hub, open Settings and enter your admin credentials when prompted. 2. Navigate to Surface Hub > Session & power. 3. Under When the device goes to sleep, use this power setting, select Connected Standby. 4. Under When no one is present, put the device to sleep after, select Never. Microsoft plans to fix this issue in a firmware update prior to the final release of Windows 10 Team 2020 Update.

0 Kudos
wifiholic
2 Bronze

I've received at least two reports from colleagues with Latitude 5500 laptops of the pdc.sys BSOD with the PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on Windows 10 2004, and had it happen to my Latitude 5500 also. I tried many of the things referenced in this thread, as well as upgrading to 20H2, and the only test that made the BSOD stop was configuring the laptop to never go to sleep.

In the end, in my situation, I found that the BSOD only stopped when I uninstalled Trend Micro AV. It worked when I uninstalled it while upgraded to 20H2, and when the problem came back after reimaging the laptop to a freshly updated version of my employer's Windows 10 2004 install (which includes Trend), the issue went away a second time when I removed Trend again. I'm sorry that I don't have any more details, other than that my laptop is working fine now, and we're now preparing to see if Trend Micro has any answers.

0 Kudos
ketterj
2 Bronze

@wifiholic thanks for your feedback. Interesting you mentioned Trend AV. We are running Trend WFBS on ours. Are you running this or a different version like ApexOne? Thanks!

0 Kudos
wifiholic
2 Bronze

For what it's worth, we're using Trend Micro OfficeScan.

0 Kudos
MartinVal
2 Bronze

Hello

I'm trying to deploy multiple DELL Latitude 5300. I'm getting the same bsod as described before when im resuming from sleep.No error on other brands (hp, lenovo..)

We also have TrendMicro Apex One installed.

Did you open a case with TrendMicro support ?

Thank you

0 Kudos