Highlighted
1 Copper

Latitude 5401 battery drains while turned off

Just acquire 5401 for a couple of weeks, everything works properly, but I notice the battery will drop to 75% overnight after being "turned off" at the end of use. The laptop does not seem to be actually off but more like going into "sleep mode" which consumes power.

I searched over the Internet and do find quite a few examples of this kind, all Dell laptops. Some user feedback or youtube channels suggest deleting certain Intel programs, etc.

Can I get any advice to solve this situation which I believe I am not the only one facing it.

Thanks! 

2 Replies
Highlighted
5 Iridium

Re: Latitude 5401 battery drains while turned off

A number of suggestions on this web page that may help.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B450-A Pro Max with Ryzen 7 2700X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575 and Latitude E5430
(1)
1 Copper

Re: Latitude 5401 battery drains while turned off

Thanks for the advices, the referred link does cover most of the solutions I could retrieve from the Internet.

And after a month of trying, all these "configuration" does not fix the battery drain problem. In the end, Dell offers me a new battery which seems to improve the situation (NOT SOLVE)--with the new battery the power consumption after turned off, let's say 8 hours, drops from 25% to 8-10%.

So every morning when I start working, I get a 90-92% battery. Which means if I stop using my Latitude 5401, the battery will drain itself after 2 days. I will test it with the new battery anyway.

Will return with the results after a couple of days.