Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2020 13:00

Latitude 5410 issue with SCCM and PXE boot

Pretty much the same issue as this link:

https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Latitude-5410-PXE-Boots-But-Won-t-Initialize-OSD/td-p/7686655

5410 pxe boots, WinPE environment starts, just SCCM background, then it reboots after a minute or two of just sitting there.

Boot Image has latest network and storage drivers for 5410.

Boot Image has be updated with 2004 ADK.

Secure Boot has been disabled. 

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2020 08:00

Network drivers included with the A20 WinPE driver pack for the 5410 has resolved my issue. I am now able to PXE boot the 5410 laptops into WDS/SCCM using the onboard ethernet driver.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 7th, 2020 07:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

5 Posts

October 8th, 2020 11:00

Replied to the private message.

We have found a temporary workaround to use the WD19 docking stations to connect our ethernet cables to which allows the laptops to be successfully run the WinPE environment and be re-imaged by SCCM. Using the onboard ethernet still produces the issue. 

• 

25.1K Posts

October 8th, 2020 11:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

1 Message

October 14th, 2020 02:00

Hi,

Same issue here. We have difficulties to boot in pxe with latitude 5410. We have to try many times to make it work.

It not seems to be a driver issue, the behavior is different when it is.

Sccm 2002

ADK 1903

October 23rd, 2020 12:00

Hi, is there a definitive resolution here at all yet? the only way I can build these is to USB boot into WinPE and then I see and can choose task seq for osd. It will then build OSD from bare metal, OR once built if I place in a sccm collection where the machine is known THEN IT CAN PXE at good speed, but no other hands off normal PXE booting with these 2 models.

I have tried many things. wd15 and wd19 properly flashed machine at latest bios etc. What I see is they cannot PXE. All 20+ of our other dell models fly at gig speed in pxe.

But the 5410 and 7210 BOTH have this speed reduction in PXE where the packets bounce off and a resend is attempted ...at like 10mb speed. While all my other 22 Dell models fly at GB connection.

The 5410/7210 get throttled down and basically rejected since it cannot resend fast enough.

>option:blksize = 1468 TftpSession ...

>File is 21928 byte(s). Using block size of 1468 byte(s) means 15 blocks, 1376 byte(s) in the last block. TftpSession ...

>Resending block 1/15 of boot\x64\bootshim.efi TftpSession ...

etc til it fails.

vs all the other models where we have normal PXE operation and speed from the same boot wim at GB speed and no resends at all. Same subnet etc.

>option:blksize = 16384 TftpSession ...

>File is 47452 byte(s). Using block size of 8192 byte(s) means 6 blocks, 6492 byte(s) in the last block. TftpSession ...

October 23rd, 2020 13:00

Those logs are of of the active session the PXE master logs. We use 1E PXE everywhere so thats from the pxeliteserver log.
If you use WDS or whatever delivers your pxe request round trip is where, if microsofts I think you have to enable logging.  TFTP packet handling is the issue I think but I dont write the drivers. This happened on the early version of the 5290 slate too but they fixed it there. So maybe a clue from that playbook could clue them in on whats up with these driver/firmware for these 2 models? I hope so trying to help them help us!

5 Posts

October 23rd, 2020 13:00

What logs are you using to see that information?

• 

25.1K Posts

October 27th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

I'm here to let you know that our internal team is still investigating your case and it's in progress. We will get back to you once we have an update from them. Sorry for the delay.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2020 03:00

Having the same issues here. Can't install Linux or Windows via PXE.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 29th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

I'm messaging you to inform you that it is taking more longer than we expected to get an update. Sorry about the delay. Please be assured that our team is still working on your case and we will definitely get back to you with an update very soon.

• 

25.1K Posts

November 3rd, 2020 09:00

I'm glad it worked out for you. Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you!

You can always reach out to us.

No Events found!