Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

35 Posts

August 10th, 2018 07:00

Latitude 5590 Sleep Issue - BIOS update?

When I am away from my laptop for more than 30 minutes, the laptop goes to sleep regardless of my Windows 10 settings.  When it does this, it won’t come back out of that mode.  I have to use the power button to turn it off and lose everything I was working on.  I understand Dell is aware of this problem and said the issue would be addressed in the latest BIOS update.  I see there was an update yesterday but I don't see this issue on the list of fixes.  When is Dell going to release a fix for this?

9.4K Posts

August 10th, 2018 11:00

Hi BJM124,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Generally sleep or hibernate issues are the result of an incorrect Power State setting in the BIOS, Windows, or it could be a corrupted Video / Graphics Driver.  Here is information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:  Computer Does Not Wake Up or Resume from Suspend / Hibernate Mode

Dell Latitude 5590 Windows 10 Driver Installation Guide

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

1 Message

November 26th, 2018 13:00

Why didn't dell fix this before releasing to the public?

1 Message

December 17th, 2018 06:00

I'm experiencing the same issue on the 5590 I received from Dell's Seed program. I've updated all the drivers and BIOS listed in the Dell updater and did a full Windows 10 refresh. Any suggestions?

1 Message

July 30th, 2019 07:00

I'm experiencing the same issue on the 5590. I've updated all the drivers and BIOS listed in the Dell SupportAssist and did a full Windows 10 (1903) refresh. Any new suggestions?  Latest bios also.  Is this issue going to get fix?

October 13th, 2019 14:00

Same here.  We've got 31 Latitude 5490/5590's and this issue is happening to 2 of them regularly (every day, sometimes twice a day).

I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 1903 onto one of them, but it's still happening!  I even got a blank screen during the "Hi, I'm Cortana.  A little sign in here... A little wifi there..." phase of setup, which I've never had before which makes me think the issue has nothing to do with drivers and more likely a BIOS, firmware or BIOS setting issue.  But the BIOS is the latest and same as other identical machines not experiencing this issue.

Has anyone got a fix for this and/or know what's causing this?

- Matty Brown

January 13th, 2020 07:00

We have several E5590 laptops doing the same thing after they update to Win10 1903.  The screen goes blank and LED is solid but only option is to hold down power for a hard reset.  BIOS has been updated to 1.12.1.

I erased an E5590 and installed a based Win10 1903 to see if it was software or something in our domain setup but it still exhibits the issue.

The only solution I have come up with is to not let the laptop turn off the screen by setting it to Never in the Power and Sleep Settings.  Not ideal but keeps my users working.

1 Message

January 14th, 2020 05:00

I'm not sure if this will work for your environment but it did for mine. We run 5590's with the WD19 docking station. After replacing countless monitors, cabling, docking stations and even swapping laptops I narrowed it down to a BIOS setting.

BIOS > Power Management > USB Wake Support > Enable USB Wake Support & Wake on Dell USB-C Dock

After enabling these settings we corrected at least a dozen laptops reporting this issue.

I hope this helps!

July 15th, 2020 07:00

For people following this thread--people (myself included) are reporting success with downgrading the video driver to an older version. See my post in another thread with a solution for display won't wake on Dell Latitude 5590.

6 Posts

September 14th, 2020 02:00

Hi everyone.

Today I updated my 5590's firmware to the latest 1.14.0 and it seems to have resolved my sleep issue.
Ever since I installed w10 2004 I could not use the sleep feature at all because the laptop did not wake up only with a hard reset. 
I still have to do some more experiments to make sure it works 100%

6 Posts

September 14th, 2020 03:00

Unfortunately, the latest firmware update has not solved the sleep issue. Now I try the solution suggested above, reverting to the older HD 620 driver 26.20

6 Posts

September 15th, 2020 03:00

After one day of intensive use I can confirm that reverting to the older video driver 26.20.100.6888 solved the sleep issue on Latitude 5990

• 

25K Posts

September 20th, 2020 22:00

Hello. I am following up with you to check if the system is working fine. Do write to us in case you seek additional assistance from Dell, until then we shall be archiving the case at our end. We would be happy to assist you.^MP

No Events found!