Highlighted
FrankPrenesti
1 Nickel

Latitude 7240 battery draining very quickly

Hi, I've just got a "new" battery for my Latitude 7240, but on two occasions this week the battery has drained rapidly from 88% to 6% without any real warning. I've tried changing the power settings, but they never stay fixed. Admission - bought off ebay as a "genuine" Dell product from a 100% positive feedback seller, so maybe buyer wasn't "beware" enough.

I've attached a battery report. If anyone can decipher it would be appreciated. I'm a bit baffled by the 113% capacity figure. Cheers. Frankbattery report.JPG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mvrh
2 Iron

Re: Latitude 7240 battery draining very quickly

First and foremost: check if the battery really is a 100% genuine Dell product and if not, that is probably the issue. If it is a genuine Dell product, it could be a faulty battery. Also, update your devices firmware just to be sure. Wonky firmware can cause the OS to show wrong capacity figures.

FrankPrenesti
1 Nickel

Re: Latitude 7240 battery draining very quickly

Thanks for that. This is back of the original battery and the replacement. The replacement feels a little flimsy to me while the new one is solid. Have done some firmware updating and the Dell support site says I need to update my BIOS, but there seem to be issues with that on other threats relating to the 7240.

DSC_1877.JPGOriginalDSC_1878.JPGReplacement

0 Kudos