Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

August 17th, 2021 07:00

Latitude 7300 SupportAssist has detected a failing component on your system but service tag is not found

Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude 7300. I cannot turn on my computer. After multiple attempts, I have an error and Dell SupportAssist has detected a failing component on my system that requires immediate attention.

To signal the problem, I have to go to supportassist.dell.com. The problem is that the service tag of the computer is not found in dell database but it still listed on my products.Image2.png

So now I cannot enter the issue because the service tag is not found and i cannot use the computer.

Do you have any advice ?

Here is the resume of the Critical Error Message:

Service Tag: xxxxxx

Error Code: 2000-0122

Validate Code 84***

Memory errors detected. Limit exceeded. Additional errors will not be resolved. Location: DIMM A

Thank you for your help

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

August 17th, 2021 09:00

This page may help and the error as stated is due to memory problems. Reseating may help but very possibly you have a bad RAM module/s. Run diagnostics (F12 immediately at boot) and watch for further memory errors. But you will probably see the same error as now.

If you are under warranty then call Dell tech support and they can help diagnose the problem and rectify the ST problem. If you bought the system somewhere besides Dell that could account for the ST not being found.

No Events found!