Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

3 Posts

March 19th, 2019 10:00

Latitude 7490 and WiDi

Hello,

When I first go the device it was not an issue but since there have been updates now when I connect the screen does not fill out entirely and I end up with a black border around the screen I present on.  Others with different models connect and get full screen no problem.  I've tried updating all the drivers for Display, WiFi, BIOS, etc.  All are current but no change and I don't see any options to change how it displays.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Evan

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

March 19th, 2019 12:00

Are the other systems that work connecting to the same display that you're having problems with?  If so, check the resolution setting for the wireless display on your system and make sure it matches the native resolution of the display.  I've noticed that sometimes PCs don't select the correct resolution for displays, which can cause issues like this.

3 Posts

March 20th, 2019 06:00

My resolution was set to 1920x1080 which is what the Smart TV that I was trying to Miracast to supports and it was just a shrunken version of my screen.  No idea why but I dropped it to 1680x1050 applied and then put it back to 1920x1080 and it properly filled out the screen.  No idea why changing it down and back to the same made it work but that was odd.

Evan

No Events found!