Catman89
1 Nickel

Latitude D400 service tag

This is not a tech support issue, but this is the best place to put this issue. The Latitude D400 that I have, Dell's website won't take the service tag or express service code and I don't know why, but it could be that I had bought it as a second device and not directly from Dell. (But Dell's website took the service codes for the Latitude D410 and D420 I have.) Service code will not be posted due to the Admin Policy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Latitude D400 service tag

The fact that you did not purchase from Dell probably means it is not registered. Have you called Dell tech support yet as they can help. Also check the service tag in the BIOS to make sure it matches the label on the system. Restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F2. The service tag number will be in the BIOS. The following post may give more information.

https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/Service-Tag-not-found-and-product-registration-issues/td-p/5...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
Catman89
1 Nickel

I have checked the BIOS and the service tag is the same, but I have not contacted tech support.

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

I have purchased 25+ used Dells on eBay. Very rarely do I use the Service Tag to look up anything. Is there some reason you are doing so?
0 Kudos
Catman89
1 Nickel

Easy way to go to the manuals and tech support.
0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

I just search by model eg D400, E6400, etc.

The only times I needed Service Tag were to find out original OS sold on the PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Catman89
1 Nickel

It also helps me keep all of my Dell computers organized since I 9 Dells.

0 Kudos