Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

2 Posts

June 12th, 2018 06:00

Latitude E6430 Not Starting

Laptop was working fine the night before, I shut it down for the night (left it on charge). The next morning it wouldn't start.

When plugged in to the charger, the storage LED lights up solid, but the power LED does not. I tried removing the battery and running it off AC power and still the same issue.

The 90W Dell charger that I am using works fine, I tested it on another laptop.

I replaced the DC jack socket as well because I thought it might have been an issue with power input however it was not, I still have the same issue.

I am unable to test the battery on another PC but I don't think that is the problem.

I have tried the "hold the power button in for 30 seconds with the battery taken out" trick but also did not work.

Please help.

EDIT: I just noticed that if I remove the charger, the power LED  at the back of the screen will flicker once very faintly if that helps at all.

June 13th, 2018 05:00

Hello Worluk,

It looks like the machine is not able to complete POST. Refer to the article here. Expand E-series Diagnostic LED's and click on the Legacy tab. Based on the status of the hard drive, battery and wireless LED's the source of the fault can be identified. There are included hyperlinks to help you troubleshoot the identified component as well.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

June 13th, 2018 06:00

Hi Siba

Thanks for replying.

I've taken a look at the LED diagnostics. According to that (solid memory LED), it looks like it should have been an issue with memory. I tried replacing the memory with working memory from another laptop (exact same kind of memory as the Latitude was using) and I still got the same issue of the solid memory LED and no start-up.

I'd like to add that when the power button is pressed, no fans or other "start-up" noises occur, only the solid LED.

June 13th, 2018 07:00

Hello Worluk,

Could you detail the LED pattern? I would suggest testing the memory in the second slot. Also, test the module from this machine on a working machine to confirm its not a memory issue.

If the issue remains with a working memory in both slots, it would simply be a board issue.

2 Posts

February 14th, 2019 10:00

Hi Siba

I have same problem with my e6430 laptop after upgrade ram. Led code blinking

Hdd led : blinking

Battery/power : solid

Wireless : solid

"A possible processor failure occurred"

How to resolve it.?

Its damage hardware or only software.?

118 Posts

February 14th, 2019 11:00

The fault sequence indicates a hardware malfunction. It can be the CPU and/or the motherboard.

It's up to you to weigh the cost/benefits of fixing or replacing the laptop..

2 Posts

February 14th, 2019 21:00

whether damage to the mainboard can be repaired or replaced by the unit

2 Posts

November 24th, 2020 12:00

Had to flash my bios wasn’t reading ram u can tell by the cylinder led blinking need any help this goes for everyone 

email me :

No Events found!