no funny noise from fans

after shut off can power on immediately well

I read this is likely intel management engine corruption

any fix from Dell?

I have no battery so can not update bios

At bios A16 now

12 Posts

May 14th, 2021 09:00

@redxps630I had a quick question for you-Im the proud owner of 3 dead Aurora R7 mobos LOL-(actually not funny, I wanna cry)

I broke down and bought an R8 mobo but I was hoping for some advice from a comment on another thread-6 weeks spent trying for 9th gen support

please reach out

thanks

ken

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

May 14th, 2021 09:00

not sure what your question is.  I do not know a lot about Aurora.  never owned a one.

R8 does support 9th gen intel cpu.  R7 8th only.

This may have to do with Dell bios not providing R7 the necessary update for 9th.  both R8 and R9 have Z370 chipset.  Dell seems to intend user buying R8 board instead of upgrading R7.

12 Posts

May 14th, 2021 10:00

that is correct! actually they released a bios update for xps, inspiron, and vostro all with same z370 motherboards for 9th gen and left R7 owners out in the cold

R7, R8 and R9 all use the same mobo (I dont care what they name the mobos there are physically the same) 

(Im trying to not make this obvious but on another thread you mentioned special bios for R7)

for some reason the R8 will not boot with my I7-9700K so I still need some help

the bios updated and win10 updated

dropping old cpu back in it fires right up

can you point me in the right direction? Its been six weeks of bricking mobos and pulling my hair out-I dont want to sound tacky but I would compensate you

a working mod would be a godsend

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

May 14th, 2021 17:00

Re: 

R7, R8 and R9 all use the same mobo (I dont care what they name the mobos there are physically the same) 

(Im trying to not make this obvious but on another thread you mentioned special bios for R7)

for some reason the R8 will not boot with my I7-9700K

can you point me in the right direction?

I would tend to agree with you that the boards may be identical with only difference in bios.  I have to look at exact pictures of R7-9 boards to compare version.

I am not experienced with bios mod at all.  I have heard users revive bricked board by using programmer.  Regarding "special bios for R7", I really do not know what that is.  Can you provide reference to the other discussion?

I do not understand why your R8 board with latest Dell bios does not boot with 9th gen intel cpu.  

12 Posts

May 14th, 2021 18:00

Im sorry I could have sworn it was you-Stupid dell made me sign in and I lost the back button-maybe it was because you commented on a no boot situation?

modders have been modding Z100 and Z200 older boards for 2 years now

yeah Ive been modding my bios for over a year but dell bios is touchy-I got mad and merged xps-8930 bios (with 9th gen support) with my bios and it booted up!

but then bios integrity check kicked in and prompted support assist to redo the bios AND wipe my hard drive and restore the OS!

When it finally was done (3 hours later) the language was in chinese!

LOL

sorry for the mix up

I find it hard to believe the CPU is bad so I dont know what Im doing wrong

bios, microcodes, and the OS are fully updated also

now I did a fresh install of the bios so it skipped over ver 1-14 bios so if the earlier bios changes dont roll over with each updated ver that would explain it (of course downgrading bios may be impossible) Also this processer is a RO stepping model coffee lake refresh-most are PO stepping so thats the only thing I can think of

No Events found!