Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NB

1 Message

July 15th, 2019 15:00

Latitude E7240 battery not charging / unrecognized charger issue

My battery is at 1% and my computer will sometimes flash and state there is an Unrecognized power adapter. I have tried all the various solutions of deleting the battery drivers pulling the battery depleting any excess charge reinserting battery etc. Problem is - I’ve got two brand new chargers and the correct dell chargers for my computer model. F12 diagnostics show that the battery is healthy (excellent) and the ac adapter is ok as well. So nothing shows up in F12 diagnostics as the computer gets a clean bill of health. I’m running an outdated bios. But catch 22 is I can’t update the bios without the battery being charged. Also checked all connectors and the signal connection on male and female portions of the connection. If diagnostics says everything is ok. Then what is it that I do now?

July 15th, 2019 19:00

Hello Nunya Bidness,

This could be a result of using non-Dell adapters or if your DC in port has gone faulty. Load the BIOS by tapping F2 on power up and check under General>Battery information.

If it says adapter not recognized, try a known working Dell adapter. If the issue remains, you will need a replacement DC in connector. Visit here to check the status of the warranty on your machine. If in warranty, drop me a direct message with the service tag and your email by clicking on my username.

8 Posts

July 18th, 2019 00:00

Hi,

Try to unplug the battery and turn on the laptop on the ac adapter only, after your laptop boots

turn it off then reconnect the battery and the ac adapter, if it started charging wait 30 min and

upgrade bios to latest.

Regards.

No Events found!