Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

14 Posts

September 2nd, 2020 14:00

Latitude E7250 - AC power adapter unknown - Battery not being charged - Battery indicator no glowing.

Hi,

I'm having a issue with my E7250. The computer not longer recharge the battery, the adapter comes up as "unknown" it is not recognized by the computer. I have tried two other original Dell power adapter from a set of Latitude E5440 and still show "unknown". The adapters are working fine and are being recognized by both E5440 as soon as connected. Battery indicator LED does not glow when charger is connect it, it will come up for a few seconds then it goes off and stays off. Every time that I turn on the computer the power system warning comes up to press F1 to continue. Already did everything on the list recommended by dell under Troubleshooting AC adapter issues.

I have already try:

1. Remove battery and power adapter. (drain power) Press the power button to drain all the power and static.
  2. Uninstall ac power adapter drivers
  3. Use another Dell power adapter
  4. Replace CMOS battery. I ended up replacing the CMOS battery, because after doing the first drain power, the computer wouldn't come up at all. But weird thing if the ac power was connected the battery indicator would come up as if it was charging the battery, but never knew if it was charging because the computer wouldn't come up at all..a few times it would just show the DELL logo and that's it...not noise (hard drive, fan) coming from the computer. Once the CMOS battery was replaced, the computer started again. epsa test was ran, everything came up good.
  5. Replace laptop's battery

What could the problem be?...just a bit background on the laptop, I bought it in January 2020 from dell refurbished. It came with an DOA mouse pad, they sent me a replacement part, I replaced it and the mouse came back to life, has been running great, until a few weeks that I notice that the battery was not being charged.

Thank you in advance.

power warning messagepower warning messageBattery health and ac adapterBattery health and ac adapterEPSA testEPSA test

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 2nd, 2020 14:00

14 Posts

September 5th, 2020 19:00

Thank you for the quick response. I'll go ahead and replace it. Didn't know it was a replaceable jack, I thought it was soldered to the motherboard. Will report back a s soon as I change it.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 16th, 2020 08:00

That would leave the last possibility:  the charge circuit on the mainboard is bad;  for that, the mainboard needs to be replaced.

14 Posts

September 16th, 2020 08:00

Finally I was able to replace the jack, and still the same issue. As soon as you plug in the power adapter the battery light comes on for a few second and then goes off. Still power adapter come up as "unknown" on the power management bios. What is the next step?...thank you so much for any info.

14 Posts

September 19th, 2020 17:00

I'll try that, still looking for a cheap one online.

No Events found!