wv1girl
1 Copper

Latitude E7440, swollen batteries

I have had at least 7 Dell Latitude E7440 and E7420 laptops over the last year with swollen batteries which have caused multiple types of problems. From laptop cases being separated to the keyboards and palm rest being snapped out and broken from the pressure of the swollen batteries. The most recent one is the one that brings the most concern. 

While we were trying to remove the swollen battery from the E7440 laptop, the battery came apart from one end and smoke was coming out of the end of it. Luckily we were able to remove the battery and quickly throw it outside but the smell and the smoke made the whole office a little sick to their stomachs.

My question is to DELL...What are you going to do about this hazard?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Latitude E7440, swollen batteries

Hi wv1girl,

Sorry to hear about that.

Please send me a PM (click on the envelope icon at the top right of the page) with the service tag and some photos of the system and battery. I'll look into it for you.

Thanks.

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
cleatus45
2 Iron

post pictures.

cpi_ber
1 Copper

I've just checked the batteries of three Latitudes 7440 that are currently in the office and saw that they start swelling up. One would not fit back in. What to do now?

0 Kudos
cleatus45
2 Iron

IMG_20180215_100945 (Large).jpg

some will say this is "normal" and not Dells fault.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi cpi_ber.

If you could DM me over any photos you have of the systems and the service tags that have been affected I can assist further with this.

Cheers.

0 Kudos