decker12
2 Iron

Latitude - Multiple Login Icons on Windows 10

In the login screen for all our domain joined Windows 10 and Windows 7 Latitudes, the users have multiple login icons. For instance, on Windows 10, we'll have the usual centered username and Password box, and on the lower left we'll have:

[Icon] Joe Smith

[Icon] Other User

[Icon] Joe Smith

[Icon] Other User

[Icon] Smart Card

Joe Smith has only logged into this computer once as a domain user. He doesn't have a local account AND a domain account. Clicking either Joe Smith logs him in without a problem to the same account. No idea why he's listed twice.

This has been happening to our users for years, and only on our Dell laptops - not on our Dell desktops. Any idea what's going on?

Edit: Realized the problem has nothing to do with a fingerprint reader. I just installed a brand new 7490 without a fingerprint reader and Windows 10 is showing those multiple login icons. On this laptop I didn't have the multiple logins for the couple of hours it took me to install software and copy over the user's files, but I looked over at it a few minutes ago after a reboot and viola, those multiple icons are back.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Latitudes w/ Fingerprint Reader - Multiple W10 Logins

Networking is not my strong suit but possibly these articles on Group Policy Editor will shed some light.

https://smarttechnicalworld.com/gpedit-msc-windows-10-group-policy-editor/

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/123490-enable-logons-to-domain-accounts-using-biometric-fing...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
decker12
2 Iron

Re: Latitudes w/ Fingerprint Reader - Multiple W10 Logins

Sorry JOcean, those don't even begin to answer the question I posted. Did you post to the wrong thread accidentally?

0 Kudos