Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

April 18th, 2018 18:00

Lattitude 5590 Sleep problems

I have a brand new Lattitude 5590 that goes into sleep mode at various times. Sometimes it wakes up but more times than not it does not.  I touch the keypad and the back light comes on or I touch the power/sleep button and it lights up.  The only way to get it back on is to hold the sleep/power down for 5 seconds to force a reboot.  NOT COOL!!!  Has latest BIOS and drivers.  Running Win 10 pro 64 bit.  If I put it into sleep mode with the button, it will not wake up either. 

3 Posts

September 4th, 2018 04:00

I face this issue with my new Dell Latitude 5590. The screen correctly locks in set time. But since some time locked do not wake. And nothing wakes it up only if to shut the laptop down and then reboot. If some music is on when the screen is locked, the Dell is snarling.Then I decide download the Intel HD Graphics driver released 08/12/2018. But I could’not update it. It writes that my processor is the wrong type!

3 Posts

October 12th, 2018 06:00

Looks like I solved this problem. Needed to upgrade to version 1803 (RS4). After that, the driver from Dell was installed. Problem solved.

1 Message

November 25th, 2018 16:00

4 Posts

November 26th, 2018 01:00

My Dell Latitude's main board has failed 2nd time! YES - the second time laptop died (main board). Very poorly made product :( Latitude 5590.

3 Posts

December 17th, 2018 01:00

I noticed that the screen issues are related to the video driver. First my laptop worked with the Intel-HD-Graphics driver version 23.20.16.4973_A05. There was a problem with sleep mode. It decided after updating the driver to version 24.20.100.6170_A06. However the new problem appeared with the browser Edge. Yandex.maps and sites using this technology stopped opening. After updating the driver to version 24.20.100.6286_A10, this problem was solved too. But the new problem was formed: developer tool stopped opening. Now I wait the new upgrade of video driver.

July 23rd, 2019 04:00

I have the same issue with Latitude 5490 running Windows 10 enterprise. Even after replacing the motherboard the problem is still there.

1 Message

October 24th, 2019 01:00

I have the solution to this problem. I recently bought a Dell latitude 5590 which goes off often times. And after trying some series of steps as describe on different website, the problem still persist.

I  then think of possible solution that can makes my PC to stay on as long as I need it. I then tried using picture wallpaper which was able to sustain my PC being on for much longer than expected. I further make more research by getting a digital clock that I use lately. This digital clock has a great look and helps to keep my PC online for as long as I want it.

For further information you can contact me on 

Do have a great experience with your Dell laptop.

Thank you.

2 Posts

May 9th, 2020 08:00

Solved! In my Latitude 5590 this sleep problem was related to Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver. Downgrade from 26.20.100.7262 to 26.20.100.6888 completly solved this issue.

July 15th, 2020 06:00

Big kudos to @Marcin78 with the tip to use an old version of the UHD graphics driver. This solved the problem for me. My organization has almost 1,000 Latitude 5490 / 5590s, and we get this problem on 1-2% of them.

To expand on what Marcin78 said, here's the procedure we are using now:

First, just try installing the latest updates of the video driver and BIOS on the affected device. If this fixes the problem--great! But if not, then:

Open Device Manager to see if the device is using the "HD" or "UHD" version of the Intel graphics driver. Per Marcin's post, if it's "UHD" use the 26.20.100.6888 A14 driver, which is available for download here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=977fv

If it's the HD driver, another commenter mentions luck with the 24.20.100.6170 A06 driver, available here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=GG5FR -- I haven't had a chance to verify this in my environment yet.

Run the installer. If it installs--great! Open Device Manager to verify the driver is now running the above version. I, however, got an error from the installer: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". If you read through the log file, you'll see the specific error: "Package is Legacy. Install not allowed because UWD is installed". The workaround for this is detailed by @Cyber_Knight in another forum post. Instead of running the installer, you'll need to extract the files out of the installer (I used 7-zip for this) and then go to Device Manager, go to the Driver tab, and choose "Update Driver" and browse to the files you extracted. (You do not then have to also run the .exe installer as Cyber_Knight says. In fact, when I did so, it messed up the installed version.)

I've only done this once so far. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but if you have any problem with the "Update Driver" step, you may have to first uninstall the driver, then "Scan for hardware changes" to get the "Display" node to come back in Device Manager, and then "Update Driver".

Also--I'd recommend turning off automatic updates if you have Dell Command Update installed so that it doesn't overwrite your work above with new releases of the video driver.

1 Message

July 18th, 2020 20:00

Intel UHD 620 Manual Driver Update.png

Thanks for the post. I was able to resolve the problem. A couple things to note though, as of today when I downloaded the file, when tying to install it, it'll give you 2 options "Install" or "Extract". So 7zip is not needed for the extraction. Also you should disable the automatic updates before uninstalling and trying to manually update. If not, you'll be met with the following error:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check their support section for drivers."

Cheers guys!

6 Posts

September 16th, 2020 11:00

Also you should disable automatic driver update in Windows 10 itself otherwise it will download the buggy new driver. The setting is in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/Hardware/Device Installation Settings/No

November 12th, 2020 20:00

2020 and DELL doesn't fix this bug, ¿why we should stick to the past with this old driver?

1 Message

September 3rd, 2021 07:00

I have same symptoms - power button does not light but the CPU gets increasingly hot if I connect the battery, AC power, or USB-C power. I have the latest BIOS, drivers, etc. It might be ~3yrs old but system looks and was running like new with plenty of RAM and M.2. I tried the power+"M key" - no result. Tried all variations of removing power (including BIOS), clearing flea power, and re-applying.

Don't want to waste time/$ on a MB if that will not solve.
Did you find a solution for this condition?

Thx

September 3rd, 2021 08:00

An old Intel video driver solved my problem.

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2021 11:00

I suppose this bug is related to default Intel driver which is installed with Windows or updated by Windows Update service. After updating the Intel driver from Dell support website everything looks fine.

No Events found!