Highlighted
Moh1397
1 Copper

Recover data from Latitude E7470

Hi everyone,

My laptop (Latitude E7470) was not working and eventually turned out the drive was corrupted. Dell get the new drive installed but now I would like to recover my data on the old one. 

Is there any way I can use USB adaptor to connect the SSD driver to a computer to read data? Or any other cheap solutions?

Harddrivw.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Re: Recover data from Latitude E7470

That's an M.2 SATA SSD, so you're in luck.  If it had been an M.2 NVMe SSD, options would have been far more limited and less reliable (although NVMe SSDs are FAR faster than SATA SSDs, fyi).  You basically have two options:

- Get an M.2 to USB enclosure.

- Get an M.2 to "regular" SATA adapter board, plus a SATA to USB adapter.  This option is probably a bit more expensive since you're buying two things, but the SATA to USB adapter is a handy gadget to have if you ever need to grab data off a hard drive or SSD that uses a normal SATA connector.

Moh1397
1 Copper

Hi Jphughan,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you be able to send me the link for any of these options? Possibly links to ebay/amazon?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Moh1397
1 Copper

0 Kudos
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

The link above is the right type of product, although I don’t know about that specific unit. I have a StarTech SATA to USB adapter, and StarTech also makes M.2 to SATA adapter boards. That’s the route I would take for more flexibility, but as I said that’s more expensive.

0 Kudos