tediroca
1 Nickel

Replacement battery for Latitude E5450 with internal SSD drive

Hi,

Can anyone suggest which battery should I use as a replacement for the original battery of my Latitude E5450? I've tried searching through the Dell website and I found the recommended model is only suitable for laptops with mSATA drives but not SSD, which is my case.

I've tried calling the Dell technical support several times and got tired of waiting and the agents on the online chat would always redirect me to the phone support.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Replacement battery for Latitude E5450 with internal SSD drive

0 Kudos
tediroca
1 Nickel

Do you know if this will work with the internal SSD? Some of the batteries that Dell send do not seem to work if the laptop has a SSD installed.

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Do you have a 2.5" SSD or the mSATA SSD?

The 4-cell battery will fit in either case.

The 6-cell battery takes up the space the 2.5" drive requires, so if you have a 2.5" SSD or hard drive, only the 4 cell battery will fit the system.

0 Kudos
tediroca
1 Nickel

Apparently I got the 2.5" -> SAMSUNG SSD PM851 2.5 7m SCSI Disk Device

The confusing part is that Dell state in their website that the 4-cell battery won't work with 2.5" disks:

'4 Cell battery only compatible with systems with mSATA drive, not with systems with 2.5" HDD or SSD'

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=fed&cs=16&sku=451-BBLL&mfgpid=239049

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

There is also a 3-cell battery -- that is likely the one your system takes.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=fed&cs=16&sku=451-BBLH&mfgpid=239049

0 Kudos
tediroca
1 Nickel

The laptop came with a 51 Wh installed which I assume it's a 4-cell battery. It's P/N is 07FR5J (Type G5M10) but this part number is no longer active.

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Best bet:  call Dell, ask for Spare Parts and order the part they recommend for your service tag number.

0 Kudos
tediroca
1 Nickel

I've tried 4 times already... got tired of waiting on the phone for an agent to be available Smiley Sad

0 Kudos