Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2019 06:00

Replacement keyboard hinge for Dell Latitude 5480

Hi,

Can someone advise where I can purchase a replacement hinge for the shift key on my backlit keyboard? I managed to break it whilst removing the shift key.

Thanks,

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

April 16th, 2019 06:00

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

April 18th, 2019 05:00

@stats111 wrote:

@Dell-Alan D wrote:

@stats111 what was the reason for removing the key in the first place?

Are you able to post a picture of the area with the missing key so I can assess the level of damage on the keyboard?

I'll drop you a private message to get your tag details so I can advise your options.

Alan

The right shift key - for some reason - was protruding out on one side. I managed to break one of the white hinges whilst trying to remove it. There is no damage on the keyboard.

@stats111 it's not possible to replace individual keys or the scissor clips beneath, the part number for your exact keyboard is K9V28. I can see that you called in to telephone support and were advised of the out of warranty repair options. There are plenty of third party options available via the web that can supply the above keyboard using the part number I have provided.

Alan

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2022 05:00

We do not sell keyboard clips or key covers. You have to replace the entire keyboard.

How to find your Laptop keyboard part number

* Go here
* Enter your private Service Tag
* Click Search
* Under Quick links, click "View product specs"
* Look for keyboard
* Click the down arrow
* Do a Google search for the Dell 5 digit part numbers

5 Posts

April 16th, 2019 08:00

Thanks for the response. Not withstanding issues around those sites not listing the 5480 model, and delivery to the UK, how would I find out which Hinge/Key type it is. Options range from: D07, D12, D28, D31, D36, D40, D160, D190 etc. etc.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

April 17th, 2019 03:00

@stats111 wrote:

Thanks for the response. Not withstanding issues around those sites not listing the 5480 model, and delivery to the UK, how would I find out which Hinge/Key type it is. Options range from: D07, D12, D28, D31, D36, D40, D160, D190 etc. etc.

Are you able to post a picture of the area with the missing key so I can assess the level of damage on the keyboard?

I'll drop you a private message to get your tag details so I can advise your options.

Alan

5 Posts

April 17th, 2019 06:00

@Dell-Alan D wrote:

Alan

The right shift key - for some reason - was protruding out on one side. I managed to break one of the white hinges whilst trying to remove it. There is no damage on the keyboard.

No Events found!