Highlighted
Hazza777
1 Copper

Replacing E7250 Touchpad/Palm rest

Hi,
I need to replace the palm rest/ touchpad on a latitude E7250 that is out of warranty. My question is the model I have has a fingerprint reader on the palm rest, can I replace it with a palmrest/touchpad assembly that doesn't have one or will this cause issues with the BIOS noticing it missing or something? No touch login has ever been set up and the module is not needed for the laptops on going use.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Replacing E7250 Touchpad/Palm rest

@Hazza777 there shouldn't be any issues. A TPM/fingerprint equipped palmrest has an extra cable that connects to the motherboard. If it's not connected then the functionality will be greyed out or listed as not available when you check it in the BIOS. You will still have TPM functionality for passwords etc, it's just the fingerprint option that will be unavailable.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Kyle Kahn
1 Copper

Replacing E7250 Touchpad/Palm rest

Do you know how/where I can get a replacement touch pad. I also have a Dell E7250 and need a replacement. Thank you.
0 Kudos

Re: Replacing E7250 Touchpad/Palm rest

@Kyle Kahn wrote:
Do you know how/where I can get a replacement touch pad. I also have a Dell E7250 and need a replacement. Thank you.

Hi Kyle, 

It all depends on where you are located and what options you have. What country are you located in?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos