Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

September 5th, 2018 02:00

Replacing E7250 Touchpad/Palm rest

Hi,
I need to replace the palm rest/ touchpad on a latitude E7250 that is out of warranty. My question is the model I have has a fingerprint reader on the palm rest, can I replace it with a palmrest/touchpad assembly that doesn't have one or will this cause issues with the BIOS noticing it missing or something? No touch login has ever been set up and the module is not needed for the laptops on going use.

Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

September 6th, 2018 07:00

@Hazza777 there shouldn't be any issues. A TPM/fingerprint equipped palmrest has an extra cable that connects to the motherboard. If it's not connected then the functionality will be greyed out or listed as not available when you check it in the BIOS. You will still have TPM functionality for passwords etc, it's just the fingerprint option that will be unavailable.

Alan

1 Message

March 10th, 2019 12:00

Do you know how/where I can get a replacement touch pad. I also have a Dell E7250 and need a replacement. Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

March 12th, 2019 03:00

@Kyle Kahn wrote:
Do you know how/where I can get a replacement touch pad. I also have a Dell E7250 and need a replacement. Thank you.

Hi Kyle, 

It all depends on where you are located and what options you have. What country are you located in?

Alan

2 Posts

August 25th, 2021 07:00

Is it possible to replace only touchpad or do I have to replace the whole palmrest with touchpad? Is it possible to buy this item these days (2021) in Poland / EU?

1 Message

August 27th, 2021 01:00

This palm rest assembly does not include a smart card reader or a fingerprint reader.

No Events found!