Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

37 Posts

June 8th, 2020 04:00

SCSIAdapter – 7/23/2019 12:00:00 AM – 17.5.3.1026.

Today (08 Jun 2020) my PC successfully auto updated Intel Corporation – SCSIAdapter – 7/23/2019 12:00:00 AM – 17.5.3.1026. The update was from the Dell Corporation.

At the end of the update the following message appeared.

Unable to inject the driver into Windows Recovery Partition

The issue does not impact Intel Optane memory functionality. You can continue the installation, but should inject the installed driver into your Windows recovery environment once the installation process is complete.

Not doing so may prevent the Windows System Recovery environment from detecting your Intel Optane memory enabled computer in the event of a critical system failure.

Can you please advise, with as much detail as possible, (I am a complete novice) how to inject the driver or anything else I need to do to.

Thanks.

June 10th, 2020 02:00

What is this driver supposed to do?

Last thing I want to do is to cause an irreversible BSOD.

37 Posts

June 10th, 2020 03:00

Noobgamer011

Update.

Using Win 10 Pro x 64. When I checked for updates there were two. One was the usual Windows security the other was the Intel one. They automatically downloaded. The Security one installed but another window appeared to install the Intel one. I thought it was Dell but on reflection I think it was the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. It took approx. 20 mins at the end of which the message I posted earlier was shown. A restart was required and done and I now have an Intel Rapid Storage Technology icon on my desktop. It has also created a folder within the Downloads folder called Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Within that folder is an application file named SetupRST.

So I am totally baffled.

Has it installed?

What is it for?

What is Intel Optane memory?

Do I need it?

If so how do I inject it into the Windows Recovery Environment?

I am not having any issues with my system just would like to know how it could affect Win Sys Recovery and how to Inject it.

TMWgray

June 10th, 2020 03:00

Update: All good here.

No serious Boot issues.

Apparently, it's an update for Shintel's Rapid Storage Technology driver.

37 Posts

June 14th, 2020 03:00

I have gone to the Intel Community page and asked advice from them.

It appears the SCSIAdapter update was from Microsoft along with a Security update. It was installed by Intel Driver support and update and not by Dell as I previously thought. As Noobgamer011 said in an earlier reply it is to do with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Intel’s advice (after going through a system report I had to send them) was that I should use driver updates from Dell and the SCSIAdapter one could be deleted.

I have not deleted it as it was offered and downloaded from MS but instead removed the Icon from the desktop and will leave the programme in place although it appears it not required in my case.

My reason for this is that on the MS update screen I have a message as follows:

Feature update to Windows 10 version 2004

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.

I am assuming the Intel update might be something needed to make my device (Dell Laptop) ready to be able to resolve the above.

Thanks to Noobgamer011 as the only one to take an interest in this

TMWGray

1 Message

June 15th, 2020 08:00

I have a Dell XPS 8900 6th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor Chipset Intel Z170 and I have this same issue. I have not allowed the update to process until I can find out what this will do. I performed an update driver through my device manager but Windows tells me I already have the best driver possible. 

37 Posts

June 15th, 2020 09:00

Hello BlazedWizard,

I have a Dell Latitude E6540 Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz.

The Intel update came from MS along with a usual Security Update.

It took a while to download and install with a restart required.

If I look at the Download history under Driver Updates it is the only one shown.

Intel Corporation – SCSIAdaptor – 7/23/2019 12:00:00 AM – 17.5.3.1026 (this is greyed out)

Underneath is “Successfully installed on 08/06/2020”

On the Intel community site I posted the same query and after a few posts I got the answer that it is to do with Intel Rapid Storage Technology Optane and as I do not have it on my system they say I do not need it and can delete it and use the drivers from Dell.

I’m baffled as to why MS supplied the update but cannot find any more about it.

As I said before it might have something to do with the Update to version 2004 which according to MS my device isn’t quite ready for but I do not need to do anything at this time.

Hope you get more response than I did

TMWGray

158 Posts

June 15th, 2020 18:00

Got me too.  Dell Studio XPS 435MT - first generation quad-core I7-950, X58 chipset.  Fortunately the update failed.  Subsequent updates have not found it.  If it appears again I will use How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

However, it did manage to change my SATA/RAID driver to Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller.  My old PC has not run well on the newer SATA/RAID drivers since Windows 10 version 1709 & as I suspected this RST driver was causing latency issues. I reinstalled driver version 11.2.0.1006, dated 5/30/2012 & all is well.

I tinkered with the RST software some years back, when it was called Intel Matrix Storage Manager - much cooler name IMO, & could Not find any great benefit.  Hope Intel isn't trying force their RST software on us.

40 Posts

June 17th, 2020 16:00

I have the XPS 15 9560, and I'm pretty sure this driver update is causing my system to have major problems restarting. I had to download the Microsoft "Troubleshooter" utility, and disable this specific update - all good now.

1 Message

June 18th, 2020 20:00

I have used XPS-15 laptop (L521X) with windows10pro ver2004, and I had experienced extreme pain after the automatic update of 'Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter - 7/23/2019 12:00:00 AM - 17.5.3.1026'.

It's an automatic update requiring a restart, which I didn't have any clue what would happen the next day when I turned off the laptop at the end of the day. The next day, what I noticed the first was the booting failure (blue screen error with keep restarting). So, I had to boot with a windows media USB, and then strangely the second hard disk (1TB size) was not detected whatever I tried. Well, I had to re-install the windows after formatting everything, and then all looked back to the normal. Still then, I had no clue what had caused the trouble. After the re-installation, windows had automatic updates as usual, and then again boot failure. I had to repeat the re-installation a few times until I figured out the error occurred after 'Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter - 7/23/2019 12:00:00 AM - 17.5.3.1026' update. So, I paused the update for now, and I'm trying to find out the solution. No luck so far, though.

I hope I can find the way to delete 'Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter - 7/23/2019 12:00:00 AM - 17.5.3.1026' update selectively before the restart, or to stop update for it. If you know the way, please share with me.

158 Posts

June 18th, 2020 20:00

I have never used it but have you tried this tool?

How to temporarily prevent a Windows Update from reinstalling in Windows 10

158 Posts

June 18th, 2020 22:00

37 Posts

June 19th, 2020 06:00

Not sure if this helps anyone but below are the responses I got from Intel to my query on this SCSIAdapter download.

The reply dated 11/6 included a link (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) on Windows® 10 is crashing) which gives details how to uninstall but I have not tried it so cannot comment whether it is of any use.

The only issue I have had is that after the download I could no longer see folders/files on my backup USB HD.

I could not see the files when I connected it to the laptop. It turned out to be to do with hidden folders and after checking for a solution was able to change to “show hidden files/folders” on the USB drive. That resolved things for me. I am still unsure if the SCSI driver did install as it shows up in Update History but is greyed out unlike the other records.

My interpretation of the Intel replies below is that only Intel drivers supplied from the OEM, in this case Dell, should be used. Why it came along with a security update from Microsoft baffles me.

When I first requested assistance from Dell Support they advised me that as my system was out of warranty the Dell Community may be of assistance to me which is why I ended up posting here.

LeoC_Intel (Intel) (Received 10/6)

Hello TGray6

Please keep in mind that Intel® driver and support assistance (Intel® DSA) cannot be installed on the system without user intervention and it is important to take into consideration that this software is going to recommend Intel® generic drivers (non-customized drivers for prebuild OEM systems), the updates recommended by Intel® have to be approved by the user before installing on the system.

In addition, if your system is a prebuilt system from DELL™ it is recommended to use the Intel® RST driver that they provide (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/latitude-e6540-laptop/drivers).

Finally, if you are not using Intel® RST on the system to have raid structures there is no need to have the software installed.

NOTE: if you have questions about the DELL™s driver please contact DELL™ support (https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04).

Regards,

Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician

LeoC_Intel (Intel) (Received 11/6)

Hello TGray6

Thank you for the response I would like to share with you that form our side if Intel® RST is not needed you can uninstall it following the steps on Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) on Windows® 10 is crashing (solution tow- part 1) you can continue the assistance on DELL™ community in regards of the drivers that they recommend for your system.

Regards,

Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician

TMWGray

37 Posts

June 24th, 2020 03:00

Skip 198 posted that there is a lot of problems with the SCSI Adapter 17.5.3.1026 driver update received via MS update with start-up issues on the MS Community forum. Having read through them I must say I have not had any start up issues as mentioned. One of the MS Community messages indicate that the issue has been passed to Dell Engineering. Intel also seem to be redirecting the issue to Dell as the OEM. Anyone know about this?

Now for the really confusing bit.

I got another SCSI Adapter update on Sat (20/06/2020) this time direct from Intel, but this time it is version 17.8.0.1065 dated 09/12/2019.

There is now an Intel Rapid Storage Technology icon on my desktop. If I open it a control panel screen pops up.

At the top is a message in red saying “This application will be discontinued. Click here for more information”

I have attached a Screenshot (RST Control Screen).

Clicking on the link gives you a screen (screenshot Intel end of life notice) attached which advises:

Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Optane Memory Applications will no longer be Updated (End of Life Notice).

There follows details that can be seen on the screenshot on what will replace them, too long to include here.

There seems to be a download for the replacement package on the Microsoft Store?

If that is the case why aren’t MS providing it as an update?

Some folk on the MS community page seem to have rolled back the driver or uninstalled it, so do we need it?

The message on the MS Update screen that indicates my PC is not ready to get the May 2004 update but I do not need to do anything still appears. Checking further it seems that MS and Intel have an incompatibility issue with monitors plugged into an integrated Intel iGPU display and have put a compatibility hold on devices with affected drivers and firmware. Following link will give you more detail under the May 2020 issues.

All double Dutch to me and I’m not even sure if it relates to the problems being encountered, but may help some of the more technical users of the forum.

I’ll just wait for the fix from whoever comes up with it (Dell, MS or Intel).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

TMWGrayRST Control Screen.jpgIntel End of life notice.jpg

No Events found!