Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 31st, 2020 10:00

Touchpad two-finger scrolling doesn't work in Windows 10 Explorer

This just randomly started happening and I'm not seeing any reason why or anywhere giving me any info on what's happening (error messages? warnings? anything?). I have a Latitude E6540, but I saw another post here about a different model with the same problem (though it's unanswered and closed), so it seems to be a Dell touchpad issue.

Two-finger scrolling works everywhere else, including in the Navigation pane on the left (that has Quick Access and This PC).

Does anyone know anything about this, or how to figure out what's going on, or how to fix it or troubleshoot it?

38 Posts

September 6th, 2020 09:00

I found the solution on another site, which said to go into Device Manager and uninstall the Dell Touchpad driver.

I then downloaded and installed the latest driver from Dell for my laptop model, rebooted Windows, and it fixed it.

Why Mary gave info for Internet Explorer and File Explorer but not Dell drivers, I don't know.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

August 31st, 2020 11:00

What do you mean by Windows Explorer? If it is Internet Explorer that is in the process of being discontinued now that Edge is the Microsoft browser. Switch to a diff browser--Edge or Chrome or Firefox or all of them. You can have more than one browser. Just choose your favorite as the default.

About File Explorer-- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026617/windows-10-windows-explorer-has-a-new-name

38 Posts

September 1st, 2020 19:00

File Explorer... I thought that was Windows 10's default explorer. Internet Explorer does not explore Windows, it explores the internet.

I don't need an About link for File Explorer; I already know about it, it's the thing I'm talking about. I didn't know Microsoft now calls it File Explorer, but if you knew its name was Windows Explorer before, then the most logical conclusion is that I meant File Explorer.

Anyway, you didn't address the question either way.

So do you or does anyone here have any experience with Dell touchpad two-finger scrolling not working in Windows 10 File Explorer?

38 Posts

September 5th, 2020 13:00

Please someone offer a solution. The reply did not address it.

December 7th, 2021 11:00

My two finger scroll and zoom no longer work. It has been over a year and I have found no solutions. I believe it happened after a windows update. At first when I started experiencing problems I would go to device manager, human interface device, and the touch pad (I2C HID Device) would show some little symbol next to it. I would disable the device and reenable then it would work for a few days. I did this for a while until another update, now that no longer works. When I go to settings under touchpad there are no longer the options to turn on two finger scroll, it is simply not there as well as other options like zoom are missing. I have gone to Device Manager both under Human Interface Device and Mice and other Pointers and have updated driver. It states best drivers already installed. I have uninstalled drivers and reinstated. I've tried numerous other things to complicated to remember but still nothing has fixed it. I'm using Dell Inspiron 5559 with Windows 10. I have an Asus that I now primarily use because I have no issues with touchpad scrolling. Maybe it is an issue with windows and dell.

1 Message

January 28th, 2023 12:00

I am experiencing this on Dell Latitude E5450 with W10 Pro, 21H2, 19044.2364, and 2 finger scroll (2fs) does work for browser and Office document scrolling, but I have a file explorer (=pre W10 windows explorer) window that the scroll will work for a while and then just stop scrolling.

If I open a new File Explorer window (WindowsLogoKey+e) the new window will scroll.

Just today I discovered that the window that doesn't 2fs will scroll if I hold down the Ctrl or Shift key when the mouse/pointer is in the scroll/elevator bar. So I'm thinking that I happened to hit some key sequence that turned off scrolling... but which sequence?

I may still look for updated drivers (mine are from 2016), but even if there are some, and I install them, and restart to tie up loose ends, scrolling will work as it always seems to work for a while after a restart.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 4th, 2024 15:43

The uninstall and reboot worked for a little while but it kept happening. I also found a solution by updating by picking my own driver and that stopped working too. Everytime it says "Code 10" and both solutions no longer work and it is highly frustrating.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 4th, 2024 15:45

@deladatu​ this works at first but problem still persists and I still get code 10 and scrolling and pinch zoom no longer work and the solution doesnt fix the issue anymore. It randomly just stops working and I can no longer get the old driver to work since updates. THIS is a real pain in the neck

No Events found!