Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 13th, 2019 05:00

WD15 with Dual Monitor P2210 - Secondary Monitor is Blinking

I am using the WD15 Dock (My Laptop Dell Latitude 5490) with two Dell P2210 Monitor, where one P2210 is connected by mini-Display Port to Display Port which is working fine. Other Dell P2210 Monitor is connected through VGA cable which is blinking continuously. When ever i interchange the cables, monitor which is connected with VGA cable is not working properly (blinking).

When i tried with one P2210 with HDMI to VGA converter & other P2210 with other VGA cable (i.e., both monitors are connected through VGA cables), both the monitors are blinking continuously. 

I have updated the BIOS, Intel Drivers and Dock Drivers etc. But still the same issue. How can i resolve the issue of blinking the secondary monitor of P2210 which is connected through the VGA cable. Is there any way to connect both P2210 monitors with supported resolution in extended mode.

Specs:

Dell WD15/K17A Docking Station

• VGA port x1
    • HDMI port x1
    • Mini DisplayPort x1

Dell P2210 Monitors x3 max resolution 1680 x 1050 **(OPTION 1)

• VGA port x1
    • DVI port x1
    • Displayport (not mini) x1

April 14th, 2019 22:00

I have checked with HDMI to DVI cable/adapter, and it is working correctly.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

March 13th, 2019 06:00

Dell posted a firmware update for the WD15 that deals with issues like this.  Direct link is here.  However, for image quality reasons you might want to consider an HDMI to DVI cable/adapter instead.  VGA looks noticeably worse because it is the only display signal type that's still analog rather than digital.

March 13th, 2019 22:00

I have updated the WD15 to the latest firmware previously. But still, when i connected with mini-Display Port to Display Port cable (Digital Cable) it is working perfectly (on both monitors). but when i connected the VGA cable to the any of the monitors, both are behaving the same with blinking screen. 

What will be the issue for this, is that the issue of non-supporting of the VGA cable by the docking WD15 to Monitor P2210 or some thing else. Other than HDMI to DVI cable/adapter any other possible solution exist.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

March 18th, 2019 10:00

@Chandra Sekhar K wrote:

I have updated the WD15 to the latest firmware previously. But still, when i connected with mini-Display Port to Display Port cable (Digital Cable) it is working perfectly (on both monitors). but when i connected the VGA cable to the any of the monitors, both are behaving the same with blinking screen. 

What will be the issue for this, is that the issue of non-supporting of the VGA cable by the docking WD15 to Monitor P2210 or some thing else. Other than HDMI to DVI cable/adapter any other possible solution exist.

I'm not sure why connecting the VGA cable causes problems, but in that case, if your displays have both DisplayPort and DVI inputs, then yes you could use a Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable for one display and an HDMI to DVI cable for the other display.  That will actually give you a better result anyway because VGA looks noticeably worse than all other signal types because VGA is analog, whereas all other display signal types these days are digital.

No Events found!