Hello Community ,
I have below questions about WWAN Card
1. Is one available for DELL Latitude E5490 ?
2.. Does it support 4G Global Bands ?
3. Can the part be individually purchased ?
4. Is the installation Self Service ?
Use the owner’s manual for disassembly instructions to first locate the WWAN slot and then verify the existence of the two unused antenna leads indicating the existence of antennas. Not all internal display panels have antennas so you have to make sure they exist before proceeding.
1) There are 2 available WWAN cards and the one you select depends on where the laptop was purchased. The DW5811e is for the Americas, Middle East, and Africa, and the DW5816e is for the Asian Pacific.
2) Yes, your home service must provide Global service options. You roam into these areas and are billed via your home internet service.
3) The DW5811e is available from numerous sources, I don’t know about the DW5816e.